Christmas 2023

sidcow

4 mince pies come into the house, I am ok with them, but thats it, so I will eat a couple of them, to get them out of the way, then 8 mince pies will come into the house and I finish them around August.

• Like 1

My missus makes awesome mince pies, so we rarely eat shop bought ones. 

In fact just this minute I've polished off the last of the current batch, so she needs to get baking again. 

Scheduling chaos here.

Breakfast has only just turned up and they’ve included free donuts as compo for late delivery and we’ve got pizza ordered for 12 noon to go with the Secret Santa gift exchanges.

(Tim Horton breakfast veggie stack for me, very nice)

I’m currently half way through the packed lunch I brought, salmon quiche and a mince pie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Scheduling chaos here.

Breakfast has only just turned up and they’ve included free donuts as compo for late delivery and we’ve got pizza ordered for 12 noon to go with the Secret Santa gift exchanges.

(Tim Horton breakfast veggie stack for me, very nice)

I’m currently half way through the packed lunch I brought, salmon quiche and a mince pie.

image.png.641af2ee90b78f111567f41452055819.png

• Like 2

It was homemade quiche, salmon, spring onion, red pepper, mature cheese.

Made it myself yesterday evening, I’m an absolute fanny craddock in the kitchen.

(ten bonus points for anyone that quotes I’m an absolute fanny)

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 3

Just now, bickster said:

I tried a burger from there to see what the fuss was about a couple of weeks ago

I would describe the actual burger as anaemic

Not looking to experiment there again

Mine was the veggie stack, I don’t really do meat burgers from fast food places, don’t think I’ve had one in 20 years if at all.

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I tried a burger from there to see what the fuss was about a couple of weeks ago

I used to love a trip to Timmy’s way back when I used to be in Canada a lot. It’s pretty poor over there these days but still a million times better than the slop they serve up in the franchises over here. 

Edited by choffer

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

I rarely buy burgers in restaurants, but I did once have one in Brasserie Blanc that looked like every other one, but tasted fantastic - best quality steak mince, freshly made, I guess. 

I've finished for Christmas :hooray:.  Enjoying some Guinness and maybe a nice single malt tonight and then for the next week it's "OPERATION CHRISTMAS".  I have loads of people to buy for and I've made inroads but there is still so much to do. 

• Like 2