Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

Should be very grateful to Duran that he converted that shocker of a pass. That was very close to being yet another “Diaby wastes a good opportunity” moment 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Shame he couldn't shoot in the first half like he did that last chance. Even the assist he just fired straight at Duran when it was a relatively straightforward pass through.

Diaby is just one of those who plays the game at 100mph. I thought that when he was through and need the thought of intelligence to slow up and wait for Ollie to get into the box and instead he just shoots wildly into the side netting.

Needs more work on the training ground over the summer to compose himself in these situations as his runs are excellent. 

He's pretty much our Nunez.

It was a shocking pass lol, but actually worked out perfectly as it meant it had enough pace to loop past the keeper.

I thought overall he made good runs and got the ball in that inside position and got the liverpool midfield and defence turned really well.

As you say, final ball missing too often, but can be worked on.

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

Jesus Christ!

He's playing really well. Got the Liverpool defenders on toast. He's just missed a decent chance on his weaker foot...

It's more than one chance. He's made the wrong decision a lot tonight. 

But having got into those positions,  it's just a case of him having a bit of confidence instilled in him by Emery so that he doesn't rush, and trusts himself to make the right call.

A mixed game for sure. Great build up,  great runs, poor final action.  Its close to clicking.

• Like 3

Worked very hard tonight, just not producing the end product. 2 big chances, they fall to Bailey, at least one is a goal. 

Just hoping a Pre-Season can get some confidence into him. I want to see more of that, when he gets the ball and drives forward. 

• Like 2

i really like the guy. the sublime to the ridiculous so often but what can i say i see something in him and hate the stick he gets (even when his performances probably justify it)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Abysmal. Trying flicks and losing the ball when he's already playing badly. Get hold of the thing and have some confidence, do things with purpose instead of just hit and hope! Truly awful showing.

Yeah the needless flicks were frustrating.

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

- easy target just like Bailey was 

Why is he an easy target?

Because he's playing like absolute shit?

Quite easy really. Stop being shit, people will stop saying you've played shit.

Posted (edited)

Just watching the highlights.

He did extremely well for the equaliser.

The mishit shit pass is probably why the deflection of Duran was so effective as well 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

He'll get there. You can see the physicality of the league has been tough for him to adapt to, yet hes got something like 14 g/a to his name, shows some real moments of quality and overall just seems like a good egg. Don't see how you can witness the turnaround in the likes of Bailey and then readily write off this guy in his first season.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Why is he an easy target?

Because he's playing like absolute shit?

Quite easy really. Stop being shit, people will stop saying you've played shit.

So 6 goals and 8 assists is absolutely shit ? OK - Yes his confidence dropped off and yes he can improve but he gets unfairly criticised when others are Teflon.

Edited by thabucks

Great run for the equaliser and overall he was very involved, not everything came off for him, but he's had a decent first season and played a positive part in our best season in years.

Let's put it this way he's lightyears ahead of Bailey's first 2 seasons here and look how fantastic Leon has been this season.

11 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Should be very grateful to Duran that he converted that shocker of a pass. That was very close to being yet another “Diaby wastes a good opportunity” moment 

How people can have a confused reaction to this is beyond me. He was so wasteful tonight. The assist was extremely lucky, an awful attempt at a pass.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, sne said:

Some embarrassing stuff on here, especially after going through the same stuff with Bailey the previous season. 

Yeh, so we can’t criticise players because one of our players came good?

Diaby deserves the criticism for being mostly rubbish all season.

Tonight he was pretty poor but I will say he never gave us. Deserves credit for that. 

Edited by Delphinho123

21 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Is it just me who thought he was a lot better today then?

Yes, missed a couple of chances - but from really dangerous runs in behind.

Fantastic turn and drive from midfield to set up Duran’s second. 

A great drive indeed, and then an abysmal pass. Very lucky.

Â