Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Anything but "purple." It's strange just how poor he has been in contrast to his early season form. Every cloud though, look how Bailey is suddenly looking, he's Mark Walters, but with pace. Trust me, that's a good mixture, to be able to dribble at that speed, he's becoming a nightmare for full - backs. 

He'll get his form back.

I think this league can be a bit of a culture shock at first, its very physical.....He will adapt, in time.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Honestly it's just cause in the games he's really been playing the service has been shit and teams are free to double or triple up on him because Cash and either Zaniolo/Konsa (when konsa is at RB or zaniolo is RM) have been such non threats at times opponents can just ignore them.

Contrast this with the Newcastle game he had acres of space vs a good opposition and the reason was because they actually had to mark the RW and the CB couldn't drop with him when he found space. Play Bailey/McGinn/Tielemans in that RM role instead of cash and he'll look a lot better. 

Hell the Legia Warsaw game he scored in the 4th minute because Tielemans received the ball and instantly played the pass for him to run onto. Bailey or Mcginn would also make that pass it's just the players who have been playing in the right hand side in recent games can't. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Honestly it's just cause in the games he's really been playing the service has been shit and teams are free to double or triple up on him because Cash and either Zaniolo/Konsa (when konsa is at RB or zaniolo is RM) have been such non threats at times opponents can just ignore them.

Contrast this with the Newcastle game he had acres of space vs a good opposition and the reason was because they actually had to mark the RW and the CB couldn't drop with him when he found space. Play Bailey/McGinn/Tielemans in that RM role instead of cash and he'll look a lot better. 

Hell the Legia Warsaw game he scored in the 4th minute because Tielemans received the ball and instantly played the pass for him to run onto. Bailey or Mcginn would also make that pass it's just the players who have been playing in the right hand side in recent games can't. 

The Diaby/Cash dynamic on the right doesn't work for a lot of reasons.

The one match where it did work was Brighton but he was playing as a more traditional fullback in that game instead of a winger.

But if teams sit back, it's pointless to have Diaby and Cash on the same side. Neither of them are any good at beating their man 1v1.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

I thought he showed some good moments but he’s being worked out by opposition teams who are crowding him out. I’m sure he’ll figure it out and Unai will get the best from him.

Thought he did alright today. Not great but linked up with Bailey well. 

When he doesn't have space to run in behind like tonight, I feel we need a player to be given a bit of a "free role" to roam and try and find an opening. Think he would be well suited to that role. 

Think he's just a little bit too predictable lately. 

• Like 1

He's lazy. A few times he pulled out of challenges tonight and both him and Bailey need to realise others are on the pitch. Both oblivious at times because they just wanted to play with each other. 

Playing them both together with JJ on the pitch is a no no for me. 

He's been poor for weeks now. Either rightly left out of the side, or subbed like tonight. Your most expensive, attacking star player shouldn't be getting subbed when the scores are still 0-0 to the bottom team.

All our threat came down the right with Bailey and Diaby. If width was the way around a back 5 why didn't one play on the right. Thought Diaby tried to get behind them at least and we were far poorer when he went off. 

• Like 1

Â