Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Yeah..I see the point of that.....but I also see the merit of playing Tielemans too, who for me is having a huge effect on proceedings, and being industious in his involvement...I'm not suggesting like for like...but I think YT deserves a place in the firat 11.

I have no doubt, in Diaby's talent....but I think settling in to the Premier League, with its intensity, can need some getting used to.

Yes he deserves his place and no doubt come in against Bournemouth 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

His performance was the only real downside for me. He almost looked disinterested. He offered nothing in pressing and closing Arsenal players down. Either wouldn’t run or couldn’t run. Either way, it’s a bit concerning. 

We’ve seen much worse from Bailey, McGinn (under Gerrard), Youri (before last month) and more, all are part of our new progress. Well the first two were the key players who won us our last two. 
I think with more time, we’ll see the best out of Diaby, he’s having issues with physicality, Bailey used to have but right now he seem to have improved a level in that aspect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

His performance was the only real downside for me. He almost looked disinterested. He offered nothing in pressing and closing Arsenal players down. Either wouldn’t run or couldn’t run. Either way, it’s a bit concerning. 

That’s ridiculous. He worked his socks off. Everyone had to in that second half. He was the outlet ball and it nearly worked a couple of times to get the game out of sight. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

That’s ridiculous. He worked his socks off. Everyone had to in that second half. He was the outlet ball and it nearly worked a couple of times to get the game out of sight. 

He definitely didn’t work his socks off. He mostly walked and jogged after coming on. There were team mates gesturing towards him to track back. To me, he looked like he was either carrying an injury or had no interest in putting a shift in. I don’t want to put a dampener on things but it annoyed me because there were other guys running themselves into the ground. 

I did notice that Ollie gestured to him that he should have kept running toward goal to challenge a loose ball from a saved shot from Ollie. 

There's a collective spirit in the side right now that is buoyant, but Moussa might feel a bit separate from it because he's lost the starting role and he probably thought he'd be the big star here. I noticed that in that dressing room photo, he was off to the side, but it likely means nothing.

But who really knows. He could be nursing one or two knocks, might be not fully settled in Sutton Coldfield, family issues, etc.

I think he'll be fine, he is still young but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. 

I expect him to start on Thursday and maybe Sunday as well. So he'll get his chances to get a head of steam going again.

6 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I think he worked hard when it was obvious what he was doing. Running down a long ball or whatever.

Coming into a game like that there's an element of being cautious to be in the right place. To not be out of position defensively and stood up front. That's where his pressing wasn't right IMO.

It'll be explained to him, and it's very likely he'll get it soon enough.

He's only lost his place because Tielemans and Bailey have forced their way in. Not been too much of a drop off I don't think.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Callum said:

Let’s get behind the player, sing his name when he’s not on the pitch and support him off the field. 

Aston Villa has evolved, we as fans need to do the same. 

Emery has said that his current omission is tactical, he went in second half of Bournemouth with the tactical plan for City. 

What is most annoying with Villa fans is always finding something to criticise. Emery has a squad and has players of different profiles. He wants to use them in different game plans, wants to manage the player workloads, keep competition and team spirit.

Yet we have fans say, Diaby has been dropped, blah blah. Let's get behind him he's struggling. The only people struggling are those fans lack of understanding of how a squad and elite coach operate.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Emery has said that his current omission is tactical, he went in second half of Bournemouth with the tactical plan for City. 

What is most annoying with Villa fans is always finding something to criticise. Emery has a squad and has players of different profiles. He wants to use them in different game plans, wants to manage the player workloads, keep competition and team spirit.

Yet we have fans say, Diaby has been dropped, blah blah. Let's get behind him he's struggling. The only people struggling are those fans lack of understanding of how a squad and elite coach operate.

Compress_20231210_084231_1915.thumb.jpg.3b32c009649db7ffc7c62cd30b1339ed.jpg

6 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Like this is the type of nonsense I'm talking about. It;s like people are trying their best to find issues where there are none because they like to moan 

Â