Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

His body language and demeanour is worrying me a bit, just doesn’t seem fully invested at the moment which is both worrying and encouraging at the same time.

I mean, if we can get him back firing on all cylinders on top of what the rest of the team is already achieving that’s a scary thought for the opposition.

I don't think looking into how he played in what was a bit of a dead rubber is really worth it tbh. He's settled in pretty well and worked his arse off since he arrived - but he looks like he may have pushed it a bit too hard and is now tired. I think the reality of the difficulty of the PL has hit him a little as he is now a known quantity and teams are planning for him specifically. 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

His body language and demeanour is worrying me a bit, just doesn’t seem fully invested at the moment which is both worrying and encouraging at the same time.

I mean, if we can get him back firing on all cylinders on top of what the rest of the team is already achieving that’s a scary thought for the opposition.

Did we learn nothing from the Duran incident? 

Also not specifically commenting on this poster but it’s interesting how it’s always the black players whose body language and demeanor is microscopically reviewed for the slightest indication that they aren’t trying their best. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zero7 said:

Don’t think his game works when team mates are not on his wavelength and also when it’s so congested with 11 men behind the ball. He will be fine as this is a settling in season 

Playing off Watkins with JJ Luiz Kamara and McGinn behind will be great to see. JJ joining him as one of the 10s and two fullbacks providing the width. Home to Sheffield and Burnley I'd say we'll go with that team 

He isnt happy with his form, not with Aston Villa in my opinion. He is finding the same issues as Bailey did when he first came. He had acres of space in Germany. He doesnt get that in the Prem. Thats on Emery to solve which i am 100 % convinced he will. 5 months into a 5 year contract. Plenty of time for our star signing to come good. 

Same old same old. New players take time to settle properly into the English league. He started like a house on fire and he seems to have plateaued a little. He’s still been playing well but isn’t getting the rub of the green so to speak. 

One of the highest creators of chances in the league. Fantastic player.

54 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Also not specifically commenting on this poster but it’s interesting how it’s always the black players whose body language and demeanor is microscopically reviewed for the slightest indication that they aren’t trying their best. 

Always the case for sure.

I remember this with Jordan Ayew, Benteke, Wesley to name a few. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He isnt happy with his form, not with Aston Villa in my opinion. He is finding the same issues as Bailey did when he first came. He had acres of space in Germany. He doesnt get that in the Prem. Thats on Emery to solve which i am 100 % convinced he will. 5 months into a 5 year contract. Plenty of time for our star signing to come good. 

But yesterday wasn’t a PL game. Although they closed well.

Diaby clearly has the ability, he’s just different to Bailey and sill utilized differently. 

There were times when Bailey looked helpless, right now he’s unstoppable. Once Diaby get to that point I’m sure we’ll see a different player. Although his number are still really good especially for a new signing. 

The Brentford game is so important, hopefully if we win that, the belief will be there especially away form, then it would give some of our underperforming players a chance to up their game next home game. 

He is not at his best, right now, but I have confidence, he will come good.

I don't want to speculate, but he looks a bit homesick to me, that bit of melancholy in his game.

I am sure UE will be on it.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

My opinion has absolutely nothing to do with the colour of his skin and I resent the association frankly 

I think its a really disappointing reference you have had to endure there.....perhaps its more to do with wingers or their types being a bit inconsistent, players with high levels of skill, usually do have form dips and bit more than other positions on the field.

I think the reference to your opinion is grossly disappointing to any folk who have no interest in the colour of someones skin....I too would be vexed with that.

It always tickles me how predominately white folk, spend fortunes on Sun Tan Lotion, even more fortunes on Sun baked Holidays, money on sun beds.....all to get browner.....is there a clue there somewhere, of our real feelings.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Absolute disgrace of a post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He will be fine - I think his body language cut frustrated more than anything.

There was a moment in the second half where we had an overload on the opposite of the pitch and McGinn fired a first time beauty across the pitch right into Diaby's feet and he miscontrolled it to an opponent.

Just kind of how it's going for him at the moment.

He started on fire and then was dropped for two big games. Teams are sitting back against us more and he's never been a really good 1v1 winger in terms of beating his man.

He's had some really good matches against some weaker opponents (Burnley, Luton, Legia home) and was instrumental against Brighton too. But the transition from the Bundesliga is tough. It's not a league where they come in with heavy tackles and refs are quick to cut it out. The premier league also asks players to sprint at high intesnities for much higher durations than the Bundesliga. So while Diaby has plenty of pace, can he keep up the pace for 90 minutes? He's flagged later in games so I think he's still getting up to speed there.

Got plenty of talent, but an adjustment period is always needed.

32 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I did specifically state Also not specifically commenting on this poster 

That maybe so, but in such sensitive circumstances, it might be worth keeping your powder dry, until the specifics are apt.

Personally, I would have felt offended, by even being associated with a reply, like that and it has nothing to do with me..... I would apologise, if it was me...for the unintended reference.

I think the whole subject of skin colour is of a low level of intelligence, enjoyed by extremists.....as if anyone can determine the outcome, is absurd.

Lets just move on, and enjoy the Villa's journey.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Bizarre take...

So no white players have had the same treatment? Pretty sure we've heard similar things said recently about Zaniolo and even McGinn during Smith and Gerrard's time.

It's absurd, absolutely absurd.

TBF to the orignal poster it does seem that way. Bailey, Chuk, Wesley it seems to be that their body language is always they're not interested or can't be bothered. 

Mcginn and Zaniolo have been heavily criticised but it seems to be more on how they play rather than attitude.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â