Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

1st time really watching him today but he plays with his head up and sees the clever passes between defences. 

His highlights was mainly him dribbling so wasnt expecting that

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

1st time really watching him today but he plays with his head up and sees the clever passes between defences. 

His highlights was mainly him dribbling so wasnt expecting that

Yep. He is going to be more Mane than Bailey for sure. He is from what i have seen so far going to have as much of an impact on our team as Ash did the first time he played for us  .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_Steve said:

One of the most natural finishers I’ve seen, what a talent. We are going to scare a lot of defences with him. 

He’s not a natural finisher. When he first joined Leverkusen it was his weakest aspect. He’s just worked hard to improve it.

The thing that jumped out at me is that he thinks as quickly as he moves. This especially extends to his positioning, passing and movement - he's just as comfortable linking things up and playing in tight spaces as he is racing over the top or down the wing. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't establish himself as a key player very quickly. 

• Like 1

Rewatching his goal against Brentford. I love the way he creates masses of space for himself by turning Jensen inside out. Look at how the gap between him and Jensen increases when he shifts it onto his left foot. Jensen starts off facing him, giving him a little space because he is trying to anticipate what comes next. Within less than a second Diaby has turned him 90 degrees. He's like a basketball player in how he can face up with a defensive player.

Meanwhile, as the other defenders move to close him down, our players fill the penalty area, pushing back their defensive line (Mings probably gets a little too close to Diaby and blocks Dougie's chances of receiving the cutback and striking from the D). All of this creates space for Philogene on the other side of the penalty area. 

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Rewatching his goal against Brentford. I love the way he creates masses of space for himself by turning Jensen inside out. Look at how the gap between him and Jensen increases when he shifts it onto his left foot. Jensen starts off facing him, giving him a little space because he is trying to anticipate what comes next. Within less than a second Diaby has turned him 90 degrees. He's like a basketball player in how he can face up with a defensive player.

Meanwhile, as the other defenders move to close him down, our players fill the penalty area, pushing back their defensive line (Mings probably gets a little too close to Diaby and blocks Dougie's chances of receiving the cutback and striking from the D). All of this creates space for Philogene on the other side of the penalty area. 

giphy.gif

Tbh it's dreadful defending, showing him inside onto his stronger foot to shoot. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Tbh it's dreadful defending, showing him inside onto his stronger foot to shoot. 

From the clips I've seen, he doesn't really have a stronger/weaker foot.  Seems equally good on both.

35 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

A little harsh, if he hadn’t Diaby easily goes on the outside. Probably needed some support. 

Plus keeper should have saved it really

I was worried he was a bit small but he's a ball of power too which is great to see. If he's intelligent and can do what Emery asks of him then I think this will work out brilliantly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

giphy.gif

I keep watching this waiting to see the goal

• Haha 3

Â