Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

eddie howe has been quoted as not ruling out loans from the saudi clubs too. loans/transfers between clubs owned by the same people need looking at. bournemouth and l'orient are doing the same

it's like when you played Championship Manager and made yourself manager of 2 clubs to sell their best players to yourself

If not Diaby, there will be some dodginess soon with loans between PIF clubs. Let’s see what the PL do, I’d like to see them to refuse the registrations.

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

If not Diaby, there will be some dodginess soon with loans between PIF clubs. Let’s see what the PL do, I’d like to see them to refuse the registrations.

i suspect the first time newcastle do it, they loophole will be closed

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Watch the Jan window if Newcastle aren’t in the European places 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Earning more money in 2 years than you would in the rest of your career is ruining it? People move jobs all the time for money. Can we stop pretending that football players have to be any different. 

I didn’t say they were different, I said they weren’t serious if they went to take the easy option and play in the sand league.

Its one thing for a 30 yo old plus players who’s careers are going nowhere, it’s another for players with their best football ahead of them, to show no ambition, to not want to test themselves in the best leagues.

These players have one career and they never started playing football to make money, it was to be successful and test themselves. 

By the  way professional sportsmen are different, the lazy ones take the easy option and money becuase they have no desire and forgotten why they started to play the game in the first place.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Lukaku turned down £21m a year from Saudi Arabia, so i'd say the vast majority of players still want to play in the top Euro leagues and compete for the top prizes. Saudi can only attract players who've won it all and mercenaries.

Cause he's already earning 21 million a yera with Chelsea. 

If young players start to go after the big money with no care about credibility/their actual footballing career it will mark a disturbing step change

It didn't work in China, Russia or USA, be shocked if oil money slowly takes over the entire of football

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

If young players start to go after the big money with no care about credibility/their actual footballing career it will mark a disturbing step change

It didn't work in China, Russia or USA, be shocked if oil money slowly takes over the entire of football

you are right.. but the worry here is that he is being told he'll be loaned to NUFC

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I didn’t say they were different, I said they weren’t serious if they went to take the easy option and play in the sand league.

I don't think they care if we decide they're serious or not.

Its one thing for a 30 yo old plus players who’s careers are going nowhere, it’s another for players with their best football ahead of them, to show no ambition, to not want to test themselves in the best leagues.

These players have one career and they never started playing football to make money, it was to be successful and test themselves. 

We don't know why someone started playing football. I imagine the thoughts of silly money did cross their mind at some point on that journey though.

By the  way professional sportsmen are different, the lazy ones take the easy option and money becuase they have no desire and forgotten why they started to play the game in the first place.

Again, I doubt they care what we think.

I just think we are still being a bit naive and/or idealistic when we hold players up to what we want to be the gold standard. We've seen how rotten the sport is. FWIW I think we'll sign Diaby at this stage. But I certainly wouldn't be shocked if we didn't, and I wouldn't particularly judge or blame him if he took the gazillions. He wouldn't be the first and he won't be the last.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I just think we are still being a bit naive and/or idealistic when we hold players up to what we want to be the gold standard. We've seen how rotten the sport is. FWIW I think we'll sign Diaby at this stage. But I certainly wouldn't be shocked if we didn't, and I wouldn't particularly judge or blame him if he took the gazillions. He wouldn't be the first and he won't be the last.

I don’t believe that is the case at all.

I coach and have done so for 30 plus years and I have coached athletes of various abilities and they aren’t in the sport to make money, they are there becuase they want to improve and hopefully realise their potential.

I’ve seen the most most talented athletes who work their backsides off and others who are lazy and want to take the easy option. Many athletes waste their ability, while others have goals of things they want to achieve.

Making a living from sport is a by product of your ability, but money is also a poor motivator for success as the most successful people aren’t motivated by money and sport is no different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm sorry but he could essentially be tripling his take home salary in Saudi Arabia compared to what it would be here. It's very very hard to say no to that. It could be even more if you are talking 300-400k a week

That it may be, but all Newcastle and Chelsea will have to do is get their owners to outbid any rivals to stop anyone else from strengthening.

So the players will keep in shape playing and training in the desert for 2 years and then if they are still good, given to Newcastle and Chelsea.

Not only to circumnavigate ffp but to damage and weaken any club challenging the top 4.

Only way to stop it is do what cricket did to stop players going for bumper money to South Africa during apartide , ban them from euro club and national games.

If they can't play back in Europe for 3 years it will make a lot of the younger players think twice about going there.

28 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

If they all wanted to go then even the Saudi clubs wouldn’t be able to afford these kind of salaries. They aren’t going to pay every play in their squad’s ludicrous sums.  The odd players will choose money over ambition. I find it amusing when there’s talk of them taking over football etc. 

If Diaby goes Saudi Arabia then **** him.  There’s plenty of Diaby’s out there. 

• Like 1

I also find it hard to believe that these clubs are identifying players such as Neves and Diaby etc due them fitting the style of their team or it being positions they need to improve.

These are player instigated moves via their agent in my opinion. Players are seeking out the money. Not KSA clubs seeking out the players. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The plus side for me is if Diaby chooses money over playing for us in Europe and the PL, then he's the type of character we don't need in the team.

Entirely this, it's a selection in nd of itself. If you're idea of fulfilling your football dreams is getting an obscene amount of money for a string of exhibition matches that mean nothing in a place that has zero footballing culture and is clearly trying to sportwash it's way out of being seen as, erm, well, as a country that denies LGBT rights, has appalling human rights, is misogynistic in the extreme etc. etc. Then fair play, take your money and don't pretend to be a proper footballer. We want the people who want to test themselves against the best in the game, to lift a trophy that means something, to wear a shirt that means something in the history of the game.

Realistically we can't compete against the Saudi teams, who currently have unlimited funds. Plus they don't have to deal with the financial limitations of FFP, etc. I can't say I'd be that heartbroken if he wanted to go to Saudi Arabia. Rather see players who want to play for the club. 

Â