Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Leverkusen training session on YouTube right now if anyone wants to play spot Diaby 

He’s there….weirdly training in a Villa top

On a serious note, yes he’s in the training live stream as expected at this stage.

45 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

€60m is far too high. We're being forced to over pay here. 

I don’t know enough about him as a player but it’s a LOT to pay for a Bundesliga player* - Havertz, Werner, Bailey all good examples of how easy it is to look good in that league. Will just have to trust the club if they think he’s worth that much.

(*Don’t quote Haaland who went there as part of a mapped-our career strategy - the fact is the PL is a much harder league for an attacking player).

48 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

€60m is far too high. We're being forced to over pay here. 

No way around it unfortunately.  Wingers and forwards are the most expensive players to sign usually.  Diaby is under contract until 2025 and is highly rated, so they have no reason to sell now, and the fact the Saudi club are pushing up the price.  I suspect that's why we are hearing links to Doku, probably just a red herring to put pressure on Leverkusen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t know enough about him as a player but it’s a LOT to pay for a Bundesliga player* - Havertz, Werner, Bailey all good examples of how easy it is to look good in that league. Will just have to trust the club if they think he’s worth that much.

(*Don’t quote Haaland who went there as part of a mapped-our career strategy - the fact is the PL is a much harder league for an attacking player).

De Bruine, Son, Firmino, Aubameyang Dzeko, (Sané, Havertz) have done OK

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Gundogan and Kompany too. Ballack had a good run with Chelsea too. 

Yeah if you add in players who are CM's or defenders then list if far longer.

20 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Reverse it that Sadio Mane was scoring for fun in England and flopped in Germany

• Like 1

Â