Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Something like we have now just the lion fa ibg the right way and gold would be my preference 

Havibg a simple lion is just boring dull and not eye catching at all needs a border round it like a badge/shield

EDIT i personally wish we kept this one. I loved this one

Screenshot_20230703_092327_Chrome.jpg

The lion was great but… it all looks old fashioned now and I’ve never been a fan of stripes.

The only stripes I’ve liked are on the Luke shirt, wide and subtle. Lovely shades of claret.

Just pick something and stick with it FFS. I'd rather stick with Lerner's logo than endlessly debate this very boring topic. If we're going to change it, change it properly once to something everyone in the ownership of the club likes and isn't going to tinker with, and then let's revisit it again in a decade or three. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Time to drop the rampart lion imo … also no round badge. Needs to include name & founding year, star can stay or go but we most be bold and forward thinking. 

Bring back the Villa Villan? Or too close to the Hamburglar?

The Villan is a more unique mascot than a lion, but rarely seen nowadays.

49 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The lion was great but… it all looks old fashioned now and I’ve never been a fan of stripes.

The only stripes I’ve liked are on the Luke shirt, wide and subtle. Lovely shades of claret.

I loved it.  Disgaree it looked old fashioned think it looks great and stands out 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I loved it.  Disgaree it looked old fashioned think it looks great and stands out 

That’s fine mate, I think we’ve established that none of us are going to come to any sort of agreement on anything 🤣 all entitled to our own opinions. 

It’s up to Heck and co to come up with something that will impress…

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Dodgy AF, looks like a child snatcher!

The proposed new Tifo by Project B6 is concerning… 🤣

It’s all about the lion!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That’s fine mate, I think we’ve established that none of us are going to come to any sort of agreement on anything 🤣 all entitled to our own opinions. 

It’s up to Heck and co to come up with something that will impress…

Yeah tell me about it! Thats what the problem is when you do new badges always will divide people just like new kits

10 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's unique for a reason, it's just some bellend in a wizard's hat, why would we want that on the badge? :D 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah tell me about it! Thats what the problem is when you do new badges always will divide people just like new kits

And why you shouldn’t ask fans! 🤣

Although the surveys were far too restrictive n basic. Barely any choice or difference.

Proper graphic designers and commercial/marketing experts with a sense of the history, heritage and identity of the club should be taking charge…

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I agree. Would be nice for it to be imposing or intimidating too 😆

I like the previous lion, it exudes class and style and looks iconic or instantly recognisable - as soon as you see it you just know, that’s Aston Villa. Don’t even need any text.

spacer.png

Not a fan of the new design, but many are…

Agree the old lion since it got “refurbished” in the championship looks really good, especially when you just see it in isolation. The problem with the “Lerner” badge was the colours were off, too much blue and yellow and no claret, and no one liked “AVFC”. Those things could have been easily fixed to create a better overall badge without a drastic rebranding, but the nostalgia for the round badge muddied the water as to what was really needed. 

Edited by david-avfc
  • Like 1

New lion, unleashed

Facing the right way.

Angled forward so he doesn't look like he's falling backwards trying to swat away the star.

Less purple, more claret.

image1.thumb.png.6d83e9a0a14a65780fd0ce6f78e0978c.png

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

New lion, unleashed

Facing the right way.

Angled forward so he doesn't look like he's falling backwards trying to swat away the star.

Less purple, more claret.

image1.thumb.png.6d83e9a0a14a65780fd0ce6f78e0978c.png

Still getting hit in the face by a star thou.

Just now, sne said:

Still getting hit in the face by a star thou.

True, it's just a vision. Not sure I even like it, but giving a feel for what the current full lion looks like facing the way people are used to.

The star can stay or go ...

I think it's the best lion we've had personally. 

Everyone is a bit transfixed on the badge and its design. 

That will be sorted once the underlining problems are resolved. The branding/identity/idololgy/personality of Aston Villa is a hotch potch of different things from our history, things from the wider footballing world, but mostly our success’s. The good, the bad and the ugly intertwined in to something hardly different from many of our premier league counterparts. “Football team that’s inspired to win things by the previous things they’ve won”. In Villa’s case, winning the European cup in 82. That’s been our primary identity since then. 41 years later, that win inspired us to a couple of league cups and a couple of relegations, despite all the tribute kits, badges and songs. Mediocre results for all that celebration and fan service. 

We should give up the 82 celebrations and find our core identity. We are a traditional club with traditional colours, in a traditional stadium, however we now have a future focus philosophy. This philosophy has given our retro shell a souped up engine, with the recruitment of executives, manager and players, to the upgrades of BMH and the North stand. We are a restomod of a football club… or “neo traditionalism” if you want to be posh.

Absolute Victorian industrial grit, hard work and passion of George Ramsey and William McGregor. With the ingenuity of 21st century football. This is how villa win. 

21st century industrialist, Villa, Birmingham, Us

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The standalone lion is one of the things we've got with the new badge - it was talked about often and at length in the consultancy - the idea that we would be using the badge as a whole and then pulling out elements of it to use in different situations - like the 'unleashed' lion just on its own - it's exactly, precisely what was discussed.

In short, in so far as I can see, our aim is to carry out exactly the same process we did last time, with the same thoughts, aims, ideals and direction - but this time come up with a result that Mr Heck likes. In truth, perhaps that's what the first consultancy was about too, perhaps they always will be - get thousands of people involved, spend hundreds of hours in meetings with designers with loads of groups of stakeholders until we come up with the badge that matches the one that whoever is CEO at the time wanted in the first place.

I'm absolutely with @HanoiVillan further up - I don't care which badge we use, as long as it's recognisably Villa, the new one, the old one, whatever, but what our first priority should be is to pick one and stick with it - constant change suggests a club without a plan, a confused mess - we can't just have a new badge every time a new CEO arrives simply because CEO's want to put their own stamp on the brand - Aston Villa is more important than Christian Purslow or Chris Heck.

Applause. I am blue in the face making your first point and agree wholeheartedly with your last. It stinks of politics- the new guy ripping up the old guy's project.

• Like 1

Â