Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Just now, ferguson1 said:

I would prefer something different and bold as well.

Yeah, I’ve watched the podcast and quite liked the idea of Dan’s with some tweaks but as starting point it was interesting.

Even the Luke emblem/badge could be a starting point? Quite like the idea of just a lions head. 

We really should have had a selection of bold, even unique, designs that were quite different from each other…

I think you need a proper designer and not be led by committee or even fan consultation (even though though the surveys were shite, basic and limited).

It’s been a bit of a mess and a waste.

I maintain, I like the old lion.

Everyone has different taste though.

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Time to drop the rampart lion imo … also no round badge. Needs to include name & founding year, star can stay or go but we most be bold and forward thinking. 

So just the head of a lion with text above and below?

I think we should “own” the lion and embrace it… not exactly got any competition, Chelsea’s looks like a weird lizard/serpent thing 😆

We need something iconic…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

So just the head of a lion with text above and below?

I think we should “own” the lion and embrace it… not exactly got any competition, Chelsea’s looks like a weird lizard/serpent thing 😆

We need something iconic…

Yeah either side on or head on … 

36 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It just seems likely, modern design/trend and whatnot… 

What exactly would you prefer? 

Something like we have now just the lion fa ibg the right way and gold would be my preference 

Havibg a simple lion is just boring dull and not eye catching at all needs a border round it like a badge/shield

EDIT i personally wish we kept this one. I loved this one

Screenshot_20230703_092327_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Time to drop the rampart lion imo … also no round badge. Needs to include name & founding year, star can stay or go but we most be bold and forward thinking. 

I’m sorry but I don’t agree. The rampant lion goes way back to William MaGregor and is iconic and reasonably unique. I suppose living in Scotland now makes me a little biased in this regard too. But it can’t be ignored or denied we’ve generally had success over the years when Scotsmen have been influential on and off the pitch. As others have pointed out Chelsea’s lion is crap and the only other club if I recall correctly thst uses a lion at all is Millwall. Who are not likely to be confused with us anytime soon. 

9 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Discussions like this emphasise that no-one can agree on the right or correct way to go. There's so many different tastes and opinions that in the end, I would say the best thing is just to create something that's good for global brand identity and ignore any fan outrage. Clean and simple and obviously Aston Villa 

Yep, we’re never going to agree or come to a proper consensus…

10 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Discussions like this emphasise that no-one can agree on the right or correct way to go. There's so many different tastes and opinions that in the end, I would say the best thing is just to create something that's good for global brand identity and ignore any fan outrage. Clean and simple and obviously Aston Villa 

Clearly you’re a man who has been clothes shopping with a woman. I feel your pain!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m sorry but I don’t agree. The rampant lion goes way back to William MaGregor and is iconic and reasonably unique. I suppose living in Scotland now makes me a little biased in this regard too. But it can’t be ignored or denied we’ve generally had success over the years when Scotsmen have been influential on and off the pitch. As others have pointed out Chelsea’s lion is crap and the only other club if I recall correctly thst uses a lion at all is Millwall. Who are not likely to be confused with us anytime soon. 

A lion head would be too similar to this too

spacer.png

It seems likely that we’ll just end up with the standalone, full body lion, and I don’t think too many can/will complain with time… as long as it looks good…

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep, we’re never going to agree or come to a proper consensus…

That's why they are foolish to reopen it. Last year's consultation went relatively smoothly. The only concern being the direction the lion was facing - an easy fix.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

A lion head would be too similar to this too

spacer.png

It seems likely that we’ll just end up with the standalone, full body lion, and I don’t think too many can/will complain with time… as long as it looks good…

Let’s keep it rampant!

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

That's why they are foolish to reopen it. Last year's consultation went relatively smoothly. The only concern being the direction the lion was facing - an easy fix.

I’m not so sure, plus it was restrictive. Like Rob said, it feels like we were all led that way rather than having any proper choice or selection.

It’s done now anyway but looking like it won’t last.

🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Let’s keep it rampant! 

I agree. Would be nice for it to be imposing or intimidating too 😆

I like the previous lion, it exudes class and style and looks iconic or instantly recognisable - as soon as you see it you just know, that’s Aston Villa. Don’t even need any text.

spacer.png

Not a fan of the new design, but many are…

Â