Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think we could very well be playing in the new kit tomorrow

I hope not ... I am not ready to move on to a new bickering phase (edit apologies I have a drink or two in me).

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yet we’re slapping adidas logos all over the place. 

Everything is clearly being geared towards being ready for the game tomorrow night. 

It’s a huge song and dance if all its is announcing adidas are doing the kits, which we all already knew anyway. 

I reckon we’ll be in the kits

I tend to agree. If we were being held to our contract by Castore then we wouldn't be painting Adidas logos all over our buildings at this stage.

The only bit that doesn't add up is Betano/BK8, but this reads like an announcement, and I don't think the club (or Adidas, or Castore) would want us wearing Castore kits the night we announce our big move to Adidas.

4 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I tend to agree. If we were being held to our contract by Castore then we wouldn't be painting Adidas logos all over our buildings at this stage.

The only bit that doesn't add up is Betano/BK8, but this reads like an announcement, and I don't think the club (or Adidas, or Castore) would want us wearing Castore kits the night we announce our big move to Adidas.

Could have BK8 on the new kits for two games. 

Looks clean. As we’ve terminated the Castore deal early maybe the termination date was to coincide with the last home game for this launch…? Love a good conspiracy with the Villa 😃

• Like 4

I’d stick my house on the fact that we will be playing in this years kit tonight, with an announcement on the partnership taking place either today or in the next few days. Even with us paying to terminate the contract with Castore and assuming BK8 earlier, I can’t imagine we’d have paid even more to terminate in the middle of a contractual year rather than at the end of the current one. 

This is the same style of brand launch that Adidas did with Newcastle, however they did theirs in September and have been playing in another companies branding all season. 

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yet we’re slapping adidas logos all over the place. 

Everything is clearly being geared towards being ready for the game tomorrow night. 

It’s a huge song and dance if all its is announcing adidas are doing the kits, which we all already knew anyway. 

I reckon we’ll be in the kits

i dont personally but it'll now be weird if we're not seeing as we've put so much effort in

if we are then fair play to heck, im guessing we've terminated Castore's contract but kept them on the hook just long enough to enable this to happen

strange thing as it will give us even more of a buzz tonight so its genius if he has lined all this up

13 hours ago, thabucks said:

Isn’t it better than nothing or some cheap looking plastic banners ? 

Honestly, about the same! For a brand relaunch or whatever it is, it’s a bit DIY looking.

11 minutes ago, Rich_H said:

I’d stick my house on the fact that we will be playing in this years kit tonight, with an announcement on the partnership taking place either today or in the next few days. Even with us paying to terminate the contract with Castore and assuming BK8 earlier, I can’t imagine we’d have paid even more to terminate in the middle of a contractual year rather than at the end of the current one. 

This is the same style of brand launch that Adidas did with Newcastle, however they did theirs in September and have been playing in another companies branding all season. 

have we though or did we get them on breach of contract because their shirt quality is so shit?

10 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Looks clean. As we’ve terminated the Castore deal early maybe the termination date was to coincide with the last home game for this launch…? Love a good conspiracy with the Villa 😃

Yeah something is definitely happening today. 

13 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I like it but that might be just the American in me. 

Over here, they would just hang a banner or something or the other to avoid the terror of wall graffiti. 

I think the graffiti idea is great and I love the one Heck posted on his Twitter but these just look like an after thought imo.

Just now, villa4europe said:

have we though or did we get them on breach of contract because their shirt quality is so shit?

It is all going to be speculation but wasn’t that the reported cause of Heck’s cocksucker outburst that we would need to pay them x million. 

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

As much as I love the round badge, from a branding perspective, I can see why they went with the shield again. 

Thinking about this logically, they've definitively informed the fanbase that we now have Adidas in place for our kit manufacturer next season with the teases on socials and at VP so there will 100% be more announced tonight (e.g. crest/kit). Otherwise, any announcement would just end up being a picture of the Adidas logo and I'm quite confident we've all seen that before.

It would make far more sense for them to announce the change of manufacturer alongside the new crest or, even better, alongside the crest AND a new kit showcasing all three.

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

As much as I love the round badge, from a branding perspective, I can see why they went with the shield again. 

Why? Shield is used more than the round badge

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Yeah, this is the one.. looks very clean.

The sky blue, the touch of claret makes a big difference..

I can see one of our kits being this colour.

Let the rebranding begin!

Edited by Reivax_Villa

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rich_H said:

an old shack.jpg

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Yeah, this is the one.. looks very clean.

The sky blue, the touch of claret makes a big difference..

I can see one of our kits being this colour.

Let the rebranding begin!

It does look clean. I don't mind the double border. I like the shield shape and reverting back to a shield is more infitting with our history than the round badge.

But why did we go down the yellow on light blue path again 🥺. Why did Heck think that was the colour scheme to go with.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I call it as I see it and, in fairness to Chris Heck, if he has brought back Prepared that is a winner in my book. Especially if in claret.

We already know what the new crest is and it doesn't have prepared on it. It has a drop shadow though...😎

Edited by villa89

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why? Shield is used more than the round badge

Because our new shield shape is unique.. that ad is unmistakably Villa without any direct reference other than the silhouette of our new badge

Chuck the Adidas logo in our circle badge outline and it could be absolutely anything

I don't like the badge, but from that perspective it works

• Like 3

Â