Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

9 hours ago, wishywashy said:

It looks even worse than the initial one when it's shrunk down to that size imo. FWIW that trademark received approval today. 

Exactly what I suspected. The plain lion was used for a reason (albeit the colours are stupid).

11 hours ago, wishywashy said:

It looks even worse than the initial one when it's shrunk down to that size imo. FWIW that trademark received approval today. 

Can't agree mate, might not be ideal, but it's infinitely better than the current one, and stands out more amongst badges in those examples.

The original ( current ) looks an absolute eye ache.

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Another badge better than ours to add to the list.

Is it good? No.

Does it have to be to be better than that blue smudge we have? No.

Oh wow I think the headed ball is pretty iconic for Bournemouth. Big change. This would be like us dropping the Lion rampant. 

Despite that it's clean and reads well. No idea how protective Bournemouth fans are of their current logo. 

Edited by ThunderPower_14

29 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Another badge better than ours to add to the list.

Is it good? No.

Does it have to be to be better than that blue smudge we have? No.

Looks like a knock off Ajax badge with the minimalistic black and red circular design on a white background 

2 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Oh wow I think the headed ball is pretty iconic for Bournemouth. Big change. This would be like us dropping the Lion rampant. 

Despite that it's clean and reads well. No idea how protective Bournemouth fans are of their current logo. 

Interested to see what their fans think. Other than knowing their badge was mostly Black/Red I had to Google it to remember what it actually was.

This is an improvement imo for them. It's more memorable even in a boring circle. When I think of Bournemouth, Cherries match more my thoughts than the headed ball.

But it is very Ajax

Please return to discussing Villa’s crest/badge, rather than what you think of other club crests. Thanks. But if you want to chat cherries or whatever, Other Football is the place for that. Thanks Villans.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Bournemouth going for a circle is one less shield in the league. And one more circle.

As convenient as a circle is for media purposes, I feel like going back to a shield is the right idea for us.

Although, assuming Heck's reworked design has to go to a fan vote, I don't see it beating the current badge.

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Bournemouth going for a circle is one less shield in the league. And one more circle.

As convenient as a circle is for media purposes, I feel like going back to a shield is the right idea for us.

Although, assuming Heck's reworked design has to go to a fan vote, I don't see it beating the current badge.

I would be very surprised if it has to go to a fan vote.  It's not like he's changed our colours to be royal blue and white and replaced our badge with a porcupine - so I'd be surprised if the FA get heavily involved in terms of protecting a club's heritage and identity.  If Newcastle are allowed to change their away strip into the Saudi home kit without any opposition from the authorities then I can't see them getting involved in this. 

I think this on topic, in how this issue is being dealt with by another Club, compared to the handling by Villa.

Interesting that the Bournemouth President of Business Operations, Jim Frevola, immediately responded to the news stories about their crest change on Twitter.

https://x.com/jimfrevola/status/1761830730361983339?s=20

"Nothing to see here. The trademark logo people are reading about today is all part of securing our logos for future use (think retail ). We wouldn’t consider changing this primary beauty of a badge without significant fan consultation"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allani said:

I would be very surprised if it has to go to a fan vote.  It's not like he's changed our colours to be royal blue and white and replaced our badge with a porcupine - so I'd be surprised if the FA get heavily involved in terms of protecting a club's heritage and identity.  If Newcastle are allowed to change their away strip into the Saudi home kit without any opposition from the authorities then I can't see them getting involved in this. 

It's interesting. I'd agree with you - I think there's an argument about evolving the proposed crest from the existing Lerner crest not being a material change at a level that the FA would get involved in, and there's an argument that the survey sent out in October would constitute enough consultation - but there's also an argument that the round badge is the one that the FA currently consider to be our most recent having been heavily involved in the consultation and that the results of October's consultation don't completely align with the proposed crest design. Like you however, I would have been a little surprised that the FA would chose to get involved in this one.

They have though, the club were looking to launch this crest a month ago and it seems it's the concerns of the FA that have prevented them doing so - it's all a bit of an unnecessary mess. 

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's interesting. I'd agree with you - I think there's an argument about evolving the proposed crest from the existing Lerner crest not being a material change at a level that the FA would get involved in, and there's an argument that the survey sent out in October would constitute enough consultation - but there's also an argument that the round badge is the one that the FA currently consider to be our most recent having been heavily involved in the consultation and that the results of October's consultation don't completely align with the proposed crest design. Like you however, I would have been a little surprised that the FA would chose to get involved in this one.

They have though, the club were looking to launch this crest a month ago and it seems it's the concerns of the FA that have prevented them doing so - it's all a bit of an unnecessary mess. 

Is there another FAB meeting this week to discuss this and other things?

I think I learnt a lot from that Video I posted on previous page. The commercial income Juventus have managed to grow by since their rebrand. The things that need to be taken into account like how the club crest / logo looks on all kinds of merchandise is important. Heck knows how to grow the commercial revenue, especially in US markets which is key for us. 

I think the careful consideration on the crest is a key cog in getting this club to close the gap on the big 6 financially. The most important thing for us in coming years is cementing ourselves as one of the Elite and not one of the others 

Â