Missing Submersible

chrisp65

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i mean, you must REALLY love a shipwreck to even consider this. it's not like you can get out and touch the thing, you're just looking out of a tiny window. why would anyone bother? though i'd imagine those on board are probably asking themselves the same question

So you can tell your billionaire mates and/or social media followers that you've seen The Titanic with you're own eyeballs. 

The gloomy half formed shapes from a tiny window won't be mentioned. 

Edited by sidcow

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i mean, you must REALLY love a shipwreck to even consider this. it's not like you can get out and touch the thing, you're just looking out of a tiny window. why would anyone bother? though i'd imagine those on board are probably asking themselves the same question

I'd be asking for a refund. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I'm thinking now that slow O2 starvation would perhaps be preferable than a sudden pressurisation? Billions of tonnes of marine water crushing your rib cage until your inner body and the ocean are equalised has got to be terrifying. I'm thinking you would almost instantly drown, too, because any air in your lungs would be displaced by your own -- this is gruesome -- organs? Your organs would get shot into any empty spot in your body like spray insulation. It would hurt, physically. Jeez. Bad, bad, bad.

am I the only one that wondered if there was a toilet on board?

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So you can tell your billionaire mates and/or social media followers that you've seen The Titanic with you're own eyeballs. 

The gloomy half formed shapes from a tiny window won't be mentioned. 

they don't strike me as braggers on Social media tbh (until yesterday had you ever heard of any of the people in the sub ? ) 

I think its just one of those , its there so why not  .. They first mooted these trips a good few years ago and my brother and I , neither of whom are billionaires , looked into it , we both scuba dive and have an interest in the ocean depths and history  ... Ultimately it was too expensive to justify selling one of the children to finance and also far to scary as far as I was  concerned , sod being in that coffin size space for all those hours.

they just happen to be in a position where the money isn't an object , so they do Titanic , where as the rest of us have to settle on watching the videos of it 

12 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

same! i saw some video on bbc with the CEO guy showing the inside of the sub, and it looked tiny! bearing in mind you're in the thing for hours there must be some form of toilet?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Think you'd really feel much from the sudden pressurisation? Think it'd be over in a flash.

Up to 4 days sitting there, waiting, knowing just how unlikely it is you'll ever be found, I can hardly imagine. I'd rather go out quickly with no idea what happened.

2 of the people on board are father and son. Imagine knowing you've not only condemned yourself but your own son. Horrible 

17 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Billions of tonnes of marine water crushing your rib cage until your inner body and the ocean are equalised has got to be terrifying. I'm thinking you would almost instantly drown, too, because any air in your lungs would be displaced by your own -- this is gruesome -- organs? Your organs would get shot into any empty spot in your body like spray insulation...

Go on...

daffy-duck-jerking.gif

sorry 

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, bielesibub said:

It was my first question!

Yes, there is one on board for info. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Looking at pictures of the sub that's gone missing. I wouldn't even go on that thing in drydock. Heath Robinson eat your heart out.

They paid $200k each to be bolted into a metal can from the outside and dropped to the bottom of the ocean. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Looking at pictures of the sub that's gone missing. I wouldn't even go on that thing in drydock. Heath Robinson eat your heart out.

Yeah I thought the USS Alligator looked more secure.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

They paid $200k each to be bolted into a metal can from the outside and dropped to the bottom of the ocean. 

Natural selection. 

Just because it costs £200k doesn't mean it's anything more than a home made wish and a prayer amateur outfit. 

• Like 2

Just now, sidcow said:

Natural selection. 

Just because it costs £200k doesn't mean it's anything more than a home made wish and a prayer amateur outfit. 

It’s the kind of thing you’d think they’d need to pay volunteers a lot of money to participate in… yet here we have rich people paying for the honour.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bielesibub said:

Or if one or several of them had had a prawn vindaloo the night before

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Or if one or several of them had had a prawn vindaloo the night before

I believe the pilot had the fish

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Â