F: Walsall a: Sat July 15 13.00

ender4

22 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

surely o'reilly can get a loan to a league 1 side? He looks great on the ball.

Born the same week as Jhon Duran. Needs to be performing at Championship-level very soon.

What was going on around kick off? We were still warming up when Walsall came out. I know it's the first game of preseason but that's a bit too casual.

Decent run out overall. Moved the ball around well in the first half but a bit toothless up front. The kids injected some energy into the game when they came on and we played better after that. Looked shaky from corners though.

47 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Seems we signed all the left footed prospects. Brought 5 on aftet 60 mins. What is great is that they are all comfy on the ball. 

Yeah just ealised yesterday, from the training footage that Emery is a leftie himself!

Must have a bias lol

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Humphrey BOGART. 

DIRK Bogarde. 

Bogarde was excellent on loan at Bristol Rovers last season in League 1. Probably ready to go to Championship club next on loan. I think he's good enough for the Championship having watched him a few times last season.

41 minutes ago, I Make Pies said:

What was going on around kick off? We were still warming up when Walsall came out. I know it's the first game of preseason but that's a bit too casual.

Decent run out overall. Moved the ball around well in the first half but a bit toothless up front. The kids injected some energy into the game when they came on and we played better after that. Looked shaky from corners though.

Team coach was delayed 

46 minutes ago, I Make Pies said:

The kick off was delayed by 10 minutes so I'm assuming our team arrived a bit late (team bus in traffic?) and were warming up around 3pm but Walsall decided to stick to their usual timing routine.

That team that started should have hammered Walsall let alone beat them but it's only a friendly and emery's results in friendlies are usually average. Sounds like the kids did well.

People also need to not get a bee in their bonnet on here if someone says something they don't like or if it differs with their view, it really is very precious.

6 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

That team that started should have hammered Walsall let alone beat them but it's only a friendly and emery's results in friendlies are usually average. Sounds like the kids did well.

People also need to not get a bee in their bonnet on here if someone says something they don't like or if it differs with their view, it really is very precious.

Don’t tell me how to feel! 

I thought it was a 3pm kick off so missed the game. First friendly all about fitness anyway. 

Nice pre-season game.

Not bothered about the result, it's just about getting minutes into legs and also giving a chance to a few to also show what they can do.

Sounds like the positives are that a few first teamers got minutes into them and also some of our youngsters impressed which is also encouraging.

Very promising afternoon.  

8 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Yes he was 3rd keeper , difficult to get 3 keepers on hopefully he expected not to play

Ah I see. I didn't know he was a keeper. In fact I hadn't heard of him before.

Good run out , ground was mainly Villa - be good to get those sort of numbers for the Women’s games think we might win a few more. 

As expected a lot of players used some good combinations. Liked the look of O’Reilly was it?

Good to see Ashley Young’s son Kadan stand on his own two feet without having his dad around. 😂

Also a lot of players in League 1/2 have come from the Premier League academies but they didn’t get the opportunity or life circumstances at the wrong time curtailed their progress. And the fitness is getting better as well as the organisation. 

Walsall should try and loan some of our youngsters I think they’ll do well for them.

Lovely quaint ground Our Bescot . 

Â