F: Walsall a: Sat July 15 13.00

ender4

Good showing from the youngsters, by and large. Not looking sheepish and trying hard to get involved. Feeney was punished for his mistake but I'd rather he made that mistake in a preseason friendly than a more serious game. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think hw has been poor but that was better play to win the pen. Did him self not many favors that half i think

For this stage of preseason I thought he and a few others looked decent. Luiz has been the best player on the pitch, but it’s early into preseason I think at this stage there’s nothing alarming about our team so far 

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I was going to give this one a miss and just pay for the two international friendlies. I knew it would be a stroll around. I have wasted £2. I hope to see Archer second half but at the moment there is no service whatsoever ever.

Well, i wasted 19.99 pounds thinking an annual subscription to Villa TV would give me the match.

Turns out i's a seperate subscription for pre season and resorted to a dodgy stream ffs!

• Haha 1

Bidace could replace Young in our squad. Can play LW, RW and RWB much cheaper wages. Much like Tim in midfield, you can get away with slotting them in if the rest of the team is senior players. Will do okay in cup games and Europa, he's 21 now so worth keeping him around IMO, see if Emery can improve him, if not it's time to move on. 

18 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I was going to give this one a miss and just pay for the two international friendlies. I knew it would be a stroll around. I have wasted £2. I hope to see Archer second half but at the moment there is no service whatsoever ever.

Archer is t in squad, only just finished with England u21

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Bidace could replace Young in our squad. Can play LW, RW and RWB much cheaper wages. Much like Tim in midfield, you can get away with slotting them in if the rest of the team is senior players. Will do okay in cup games and Europa, he's 21 now so worth keeping him around IMO, see if Emery can improve him, if not it's time to move on. 

I'm a big fan of JPB, watched him quite a bit for Cardiff last season, but not a chance in our first team squad this season, just can't see him being trusted and it would waste a year of development, he needs another decent loan in the Championship, Cardiff was good for him but these youngsters need to take their chances at this stage. 

I think Ramsey and Iroegbunam area ahead at this point.

I thought Ramsey, Philogene, Iroegbunam and Feeney goal aside were all fine, all had some nice standout moments too, a shame couldn't see more of Ramsey around Walsall goal, but he played well in other ways, battled well and showed some nice touches.

I thought Luiz was the standout player great composure and passing from him.

Hope to see Kellyman and Young get some minutes in the second half particularly

Just now, useless said:

I thought Ramsey, Philogene, Iroegbunam and Feeney goal aside were all fine, all had some nice standout moments too, a shame couldn't see more of Ramsey around Walsall goal, but he played well in other ways, battled well and showed some nice touches.

I thought Luiz was the standout player great composure and passing from him.

Hope to see Kellyman and Young get some minutes in the second half particularly

I think it will be massive changes second half. This games mpre about minutes i think

I would imagine both wilm get significant minutes second half

14 minutes ago, robby b said:

Poor old Walsall, they just never beat us. (Anymore. The last time was years and years ago, wasn't it?)

Those with longer memories will remind you of a little spell in the third division when we could never beat them.😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lots of overhit passes. Feeney looking competitive but soft mistake to give away a goal. Thought JP looked more and more dangerous as he got more time on the ball, raw but highly unpredictable and aggressive dribbler. AJ and Emi marked super tightly and not really getting into the game, though AJ should've gotten on that chance from Ollie. Tim started well with some runs and challenges but play began to bypass him by the end. They can't touch Dougie, he's on a different plane of being.

Ring the changes, let's see who else has something.

• Like 2

Just now, the_eristic said:

Lots of overhit passes. Feeney looking competitive but soft mistake to give away a goal. Thought JP looked more and more dangerous as he got more time on the ball, raw but highly unpredictable and aggressive dribbler. AJ and Emi marked super tightly and not really getting into the game, though AJ should've gotten on that chance from Ollie. Tim started well with some runs and challenges but play began to bypass him by the end. They can't touch Dougie, he's on a different plane of being.

Ring the changes, let's see who else has something.

I'd like to see Kadan Young at some point.

Â