Fixtures 23/24

Demitri_C

Just now, CVByrne said:

3 away games from opening 4 including Liverpool and Newcastle. What a joke. 2 legs of ECL playoff in there too. 

Will be playing catch up this season 

Same as last season then as we were handicapped for the first 10 games 🤣

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Away opening day, last day and Boxing Day….WTF!

Just came in to post the same thing. **** the Premier League.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I wonder, with the summer music events held at Villa Park during the closed season we specifically asked for an away fixture to give extra time for the pitch to be prepared etc? 

Good call yes. It would make sense for that to be the case.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

3 away games from opening 4 including Liverpool and Newcastle. What a joke. 2 legs of ECL playoff in there too. 

Will be playing catch up this season 

Everton, Palace, Brighton, Luton, West Ham and Fulham is a decent enough home run up to December at least so there's where we need to strengthen to make sure we win those given some will potentially be Sunday games after europa Thursday night games.

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

1st leg Europa play off then away at Burnley,  2nd leg Europa play off then away at Liverpool. Gonna be knackered by mid September.

Most of our potential european games then have a premier league game on the Sunday. We could be away to likes of Brentford and Bournemouth after europa midweeks which won't be easy at all.

Why I despair at people claiming Luiz will be sold now we've signed Tielemans. We need a squad of 20 senior internationals and then introduce likes of Archer on top of that as they'll all be getting decent minutes if they stay fit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

1st leg Europa play off then away at Burnley,  2nd leg Europa play off then away at Liverpool. Gonna be knackered by mid September.

Well we cant complain we knew this

The goid thing for me is alot of youngsters will be given opportunities so we can see who is good enough. I expect alot of game time for archer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Ita absolutely bollocks isnt it. This happened two years ago as well

We asked to be away first game

• Like 1

If true, we apparently requested an away fixture first and last game?

Is that to let our pitch recover longer from summer events and then finally to start the North Stand work earlier in May 24?

• Like 1