Fixtures 23/24

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, floody555 said:

At least the 1st game I believe as their pitch won't be ready, I'm calling BS just like last season when there was a 'supposed' leak and it was miles off  🤦‍♂️🤣

Yeah remember that last season!  Counting on this being BS as need us to be at home first game as won't be able to attend the following week.

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

For what it is worth (probably nowt)...

i'm always sceptical of these things but there are a few holes you can pick in this:

• luton are at home (as mentioned by others)
  • such an important doc that's under press embargo but just happens to have GW1 fixtures on the front page
  • official document that refers to teams as 'man utd' rather than 'manchester united'
  • and someone just happens to be carrying it around under his arm, with said fixtures facing out, and someone managed to whip their phone out and grab a pretty clear photo
  • i think us and wolves tend to both play at home don't we? as WBA and blues are then both then at home

tomorrow morning there will be some legit leaks prior to 9am but best ignore everything until then. there's a guy that leaks early team news throughout the season for the FPL community that reckons he'll have them at 8am

Well thats obviously fake as luton won't be at home 1st game so at least we know it won't be sheff utd away 😂

Also what was interesting last season we had watford away 1st game and final game was city away so we got shafted big time

Give us a home game 1st game and final game ffs

Edited by Demitri_C

On 13/06/2023 at 17:15, Wainy316 said:

By law of averages it has to be a home game.  Surely!?

If facts are correct our last home game was 2010 in top flight, Milners last game. We played Sheff Utd in 2020 but am sure we were scheduled away to City but was postponed

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Another “leak”

in fairness, it seems that this guy got the entire NUFC fixtures spot on an hour before release last year

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wes said:

Premier League terms each round of fixtures a "Matchweek", not "Gameweek". Gameweek is only used in the Fantasy game.

getting them the night before is unlikely, agreed. the guy wants to be a credible ITK by the looks of things so will take a battering if they're wrong

Would be happy with that game for first one, should be a lively atmosphere, we had them for our first home game in our first season back and won 2-0 and since we have been back our results against them have been good. It would be a game we would look to dominate and assert ourselves whilst they remain pragmatic and try to dig in, happy with a draw or maybe a win from a set piece. Sellout crowd too and hopefully see some new signings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

in fairness, it seems that this guy got the entire NUFC fixtures spot on an hour before release last year

He also got last season's opening fixtures correct as well.

17 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Would be happy with that game for first one, should be a lively atmosphere, we had them for our first home game in our first season back and won 2-0 and since we have been back our results against them have been good. It would be a game we would look to dominate and assert ourselves whilst they remain pragmatic and try to dig in, happy with a draw or maybe a win from a set piece. Sellout crowd too and hopefully see some new signings

Pedant but it was actually our second home game.  Lost 2-1 to Bournemouth in the first one 

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Another “leak”

Looking at those fixtures, legit or not there are many weak teams...

Emery mentioned about a top eight, I agree and think the gap will be even wider between eight and lower ten positions.

20 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

He also got last season's opening fixtures correct as well.

yep. liverpool and everton both away first game is odd though which is why i'm sceptical

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yep. liverpool and everton both away first game is odd though which is why i'm sceptical

Liverpool have asked to play the first games away from home, which can explain why they and Everton both open away. Maybe Everton play at home in round 2, while Liverpool still play away.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Pedant but it was actually our second home game.  Lost 2-1 to Bournemouth in the first one 

ah yeah i tried so hard to forget that game haha, in my mind the everton game which was an evening kick off and had a proper atmosphere was the first game, the bournemouth one was very flat and we were unconvincing from what i remember

7 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Liverpool have asked to play the first games away from home, which can explain why they and Everton both open away. Maybe Everton play at home in round 2, while Liverpool still play away.

interesting. didnt know that. they might be correct then

we'll know in a few hours anyway as theres a legit ITK that leaks early team news for the FPL community that reckons he'll have them by 8am latest

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Different kick off times and scouseland isn't like Brum. They aren't likely to kick two tonnes of shit out of each other if they meet unlike the vermin and us. Also, both playing different areas of the country. Now had they both come up at home it may have been different regards league fixture planners, purely from a logistics point of view whilst of course taking rivalry into the equation.

Edited by stewiek2