Fixtures 23/24

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

If true, we apparently requested an away fixture first and last game?

It's one thing to play the first game away but it's another thing altogether to play three of our first four away! Argh! That's harsh and I think unfair. Grrr! 😬 Thanks a bunch Premier League. I'm not happy about this at all because it's so important to get off to a good start !

11 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Man Utd last away game of 23 and first away game of 24. Sweet. Get to beat rat face twice in quick succession.

We've played them twice in the same week in each of the last 2 seasons incredibly.

• Like 1

For the first season in years I don't care who or when we play. If Newcastle think it will be an easy game, I doubt they do, then their in for a shock. Emery took them apart at Villa Park and he will have a plan to do the same at St James's as well. If they think Gerrards villa is turning up then happy days.

I'm excited,  we're gonna make our mark this season, starting with the Geordies.  

You look at the draw and see one of the first round matches is Burnley v Man City with Kompany’s return, there’s nothing random about this or the first 5 of 8 games for Villa being away.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

The fixture list  at present looks so clean and simple before it gets completely butchered by televised games, re-arranged games, and now hopefully games moved to Sundays because of our epic European run.

People will be moaning abiutvthw amount of sunday games but thats how it is for europe esp as we will be playing thursday nughts

10 hours ago, Dirtysanchez said:

Flights booked for Everton game, just praying this isn’t moved or it will be an expensive gamble. Anyone know when we should know if it will be moved for tv? 

July 5th mooted for the TV picks for week 2 up to middle of September I think.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's ridiculous.  Let's have about a quarter of the season in the darkest month of the year. 

Would much prefer a midweek round in August/early September rather than a couple in the depths of winter.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dirtysanchez said:

Flights booked for Everton game, just praying this isn’t moved or it will be an expensive gamble. Anyone know when we should know if it will be moved for tv? 

5/6 weeks is the minimum notice they can give for selection of rearranged TV fixtures