Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Rightly getting a lot of plaudits and I’m as worried as everyone else if he will be out for a while. 

However just for the sake of treating everyone the same I’ve checked back and it was Pau that lost Awonyi for first goal. 

Poor stuff, naughty Pau. 

Edited by villaglint

On 24/02/2024 at 20:33, bose said:

Absolutely. Unai is not using it as excuses so we should not.

We’ll always find a way.

It's the 'no excuse culture' first referred to by Stevie G. Just a shame that after he said he was instilling it he came out with approx 3600 excuses thereafter 😂😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

It's the 'no excuse culture' first referred to by Stevie G. Just a shame that after he said he was instilling it he came out with approx 3600 excuses thereafter 😂😜

You misheard. Gerrard said it was a mo' excuses culture.

His passing range and ability on the ball might be crucial in opening up Luton as well. We just become more static and predictable when he doesn't play and we also become more vulnerable to pressing so we lose the ball easier and in worse areas.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, sne said:

His passing range and ability on the ball might be crucial in opening up Luton as well. We just become more static and predictable when he doesn't play and we also become more vulnerable to pressing so we lose the ball easier and in worse areas.

Its going to be good old blood and thunder at the weekend. Lots of balls into the box and using their advantages. Which is going to be hard to play against,  but will leave us in a great place in transition. 

Pau, I love you. Of all our signings you are one that has helped massively elevate us to the next level. Generally, for me, defenders defend and aren't really exciting signings, but you are so much more. 

• Like 2

If Pau is unavailable for Luton, the only bonus is that Chambers is probably stronger in the air to deal with their ways.

It might just require Dougie sitting back a bit deeper to launch the counter instead of Torres. I'd rather him miss Luton than Spuds.

47 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Changed my mind about a defenders responsibilities.  He is there to build not to defend what the team has already built. He will get caught out. He will he done for pace. But it doesnt matter. Because he will paint pictures the likes of what i have never ever seen at centreback. Picasso Torres

Paucasso Torres 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I want him to be fit for Luton first and foremost. Take every game as it comes, every game is important and Luton away is a tough ask.

Yes it is and in an ideal world we would be able to play him in Luton and Spurs and rest him v Ajax away but given that Chambers isn’t registered to play in the Conference league and Konsa and Carlos are out, if he aggravates a niggle v Luton, we’re left with Lenglet playing on his own next Thursday.  I don’t know what the right answer is, hopefully he’ll be fit for all the games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

If it's touch and go, I'd prefer it if he's rested. Lenglet and Chambers can do the job vs Luton Town. Save Pau for Ajax and Spurs.

• Like 1

Â