Pau Torres

Delphinho123

14 hours ago, Farlz said:

This goal sums Torres up perfectly. Able to bring the ball out, draws in 2/3 players and boom, loads of space has opened up and we slice through them. Please never get injured again. 

Great post. Look at the room it creates for McGinn and Tielemans.

Yeah Pau is probably THE reason that Emery-ball works as well as it does. Pau is just so good at what he does. He's a very good defender, but he's world class on the ball.

Lot of big talk on social media of Pau being the best modern era defender at the club since Paul McGrath! Some compliment that.

Same as big Emi Martinez; it's great to hear this kind of thing being discussed. We're starting to see some truly great players turning out for the club making their names here, like Bosnich, David Platt, Yorke, McGrath (respected but not God-like).. exciting times.

Quite simply world class. £30m? Absolute effing robbery.

He's a real leader and he controls the defence and midfield so well. If we can find the right footed version but with a bit of pace we’re in the money. 

Even if Chambers starts next to him I wouldn’t be worried . 

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Oh and Yoann Wissa can F off for the challenge that put Pau out of action. Nasty sneaky little dirty tackle it was.

Brentford are thugs. I worry about Torres and other key players the next time we play them.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Came in here to post this. Perfect example of why he’s so influential. 

Carries the ball out, changes the direction of the press and then reversed it to Dougie to open up the pitch. 

The guy is mustard

Whose the ex player co commentating?

38 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Imagine what we would be like if Emery was able to bring in more players of Pau's standard.

We need patience for this, and just watch, he will CREATE players of this standard as he goes along.

Look at what he has done with some of our own which were written off already?

11 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I was thinking Tony Daly.

It’s definitely not Tony Daley. He was my neighbour for 4 years 😂

Edited by Stevo985

Â