Pau Torres

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Thought he was fine tonight. Problem was behind him (Olsen) and ahead of him (Tielemans/Dendoncker)

Long ball wasn't on either

Some of his passing is brilliant, there was a moment in the first half where we were under pressure, looked like we would **** about at the back and make another mistake... And he hit an absolute perfect chipped pass over their press to Luiz

Very few CBs in the league can play that pass

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He'll end up as one of our best players

I think so. He was a highly rated defender in europe before we signed him, there's a reason for that.

I recall Mellberg also getting off to a slow start when he joined Villa, and we know what legacy he left behind in the end.

Maybe I'm missing something but at times I don't think he looks a solid defender. 

There was one time DCL had the ball in the box with Pau on him and it was so simple and easy to just drag it to his left and get a good shot off. 

I don't think Konsa or Mings would allow that in the same situation. 

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think so. He was a highly rated defender in europe before we signed him, there's a reason for that.

I recall Mellberg also getting off to a slow start when he joined Villa, and we know what legacy he left behind in the end.

I don't think he's even had a particularly bad start to be honest. He's not quite as good at defending as a couple of our other centrebacks, but he makes up for it in spades with the rest of his game. That's the sacrifice we need to make and it's 100% worth it

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Thought he was great today.

Yes. He looked more composed,  more comfortable on the ball and wasn't afraid to bomb forward at times either.

He was unlucky with some of his killer through balls but over all a more promising display from him.

• Like 1

Â