Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Think we should allow him some time to settle and improve… these last two games have been very useful in that sense. An adaptation period was required… harsh to judge immediately…

He is pure quality and it will shine through… has come up against many dangerous players while winning EL and playing in CL let’s not forget…

Class.

Emery wants the two 6s to get on the ball and play it forward into the attacking 5. If the opposition want to double mark them, our 6s will drop deeper opening up space between them and our two 10s to drop into. This is where Pau with his excellent passing can pick out Diaby or McGinn who can then get wide to LB/RM wingers or through to Watkins. 

I also like Carlos as the other CB at the base of the three. Keeps it simple and has a switch pass on him which after he gets back match sharpness can do out wide from the base CB position

• Like 3

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

sometimes I think we expect too much at times. 

He was in another new centre back partnership in a different back four, whilst still acclimatising to a new club, country and language. 

And considering he’s been thrown in at the deep end due to Mings’ unfortunate injury he’s doing well.

Yes maybe your right, let's see how he settles 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

You can see how he's going to be important to how we play. 

Yep I think he will be key in the strategy of taking risks at the back to create a fake turnover/transition and catch the opposition out of shape. Looks to have a great eye for a pass as well.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

pace, Danjuma did him once at the weekend and even a Hibs lad outpaced him tonight. 

His passing is ace though

To be fair, thats the same for a lot of centre backs in the league

I think as we've had konsa and mings for so long we've got used to both cbs having rapid pace, which often isnt the case

He'll need to be spot on with his positioning and reading of the game to make up for lack of pace, but those are his real strengths. 

Kin hell - he’s going to need at least 6 months to get acclimatised to the UK , the league his teammates the physicality of the league .

British players are more physical than their European counterparts too. So even Hibs would have had one or two moments against him. 

Strewth give him a chance.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Not impressive so far. Good he's had two matches v rubbish opponents to ease in.

Some tough tests coming up starting on Sunday.

Up the Pau.

But if we beat Burnley will we still look at it as a tough game? Or will it be another one we should have won. 
the fact we are winning games we should win without conceding should be a positive for our cbs.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

But if we beat Burnley will we still look at it as a tough game? Or will it be another one we should have won. 
the fact we are winning games we should win without conceding should be a positive for our cbs.

Yes I'll look at it as a tough game even if we win 3-0. We'll have played very very well.

This Burnley are much better than Everton and Hibs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Kin hell - he’s going to need at least 6 months to get acclimatised to the UK , the league his teammates the physicality of the league .

British players are more physical than their European counterparts too. So even Hibs would have had one or two moments against him. 

Strewth give him a chance.

We need to put him on the Zaniolo and Diego Carlos athletic body plan.

• Like 2

Â