Pau Torres

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Only speaking for myself it's not that they can't play together it's just that you don't really ever see it happen, and a lot of coaches etc that work in the game would say playing a left-sided CB on their "wrong" side is something they'd actively avoid doing. As there's such a larger amount of right-footed players, it's perfectly normal for them to have played as a LCB all through their life and be more comfortable in the role, whereas due to being more of a rarity a left-footed defender will have been utilised as such throughout their career from youth level up, and wouldn't have the same comfortability on their weaker side.

Yeah I get that. Left footed players is more rare.

In the case of Torres he's really good with the ball and comfortable with both feet and has played on the right side of the CB pairing a fair number of times.

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How can we prove any player we were linked with though? Its like me saying to you  prove to me we weren't after him? Neither of us can as we dont work for the club and dont know who the clubs targeting.

Still plenty of time and i trust the process

You know the reverse could be true. I would ask what percentage of the +70 players we've been linked with since January have any veracity. I'd be surprised if it was even over 5%

10 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

As a lifelong Villa fan I'm in my happy place right now. I know the transfer "links" are almost all made up by desperate journo's and wannabe's, and I'm waiting patiently for the days when AVFC tell me who we have signed.

I don't think we need to argue about targets because none of us know who will actually sign until the deal is done, but we can certainly enjoy speculating. My wish list is .... Jonathan David, Pedro Goncalves and Pau Torres. Even if my wishes come true, that would still only mean that there would be three days of this transfer window where I would go wild with delight! The rest of the time I will pass in relaxed contemplation of what's to come.

This is the best time to be a Villa fan in my opinion.

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

The difference between the championship and PL is night and day especially in the past 3 years I’d say it’s closer to La Liga than the championship. Konsa signed for us when we got promoted. Mings played 11 games for us in the championship his extended run of games in the championship prior was at Ipswich back in 2014 football has changed a lot since then.

Small point and it doesn’t really matter, but it was 15 league games as well as the 3 play off games.

Away from that small gripe, I’m encouraged that we’re looking at spending a large amount on a position which I think most would say isn’t the top priority. It suggests to me we won’t be shy when going in for the positions which need strengthening more than central defence (the more forward positions).

*if this speculation is about Torres is correct of course

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah I get that. Left footed players is more rare.

In the case of Torres he's really good with the ball and comfortable with both feet and has played on the right side of the CB pairing a fair number of times.

Yeah didn't Spain actually start with two left footers in one of the major tourneys - Torres and Laporte.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You know the reverse could be true. I would ask what percentage of the +70 players we've been linked with since January have any veracity. I'd be surprised if it was even over 5%

Yep valid point. We have been linked with absolutely everyone 

But i do think emery wanted williams just a assumption. Always asension a free looked  like a incredible option if we could have got it over the line

Im still very optimistic though with emery i expect some real quality in before  window shuts

• Like 1

Torres is streets ahead of Konsa and even Mings in terms of passing, weather he is defensively as sound in the PL remains to be seen.  If we did sign Torres, we could possibly see Konsa depart.

Â