Youri Tielemans

thejoker

21 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Another typically passive aggressive post which could have been delivered in a far less derogatory tone.

Thanks, I suppose. 

Your post was passive aggressive. Mine was direct.

But as always things get misunderstood online - my apologies.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2024 at 14:22, DJBOB said:

Poor lad busting his gut trying to overtake Ollie at the end of the first half. Could barely get there and Ollie was the one running with the ball!

If he had a half yard more of pace, he'd never gone for a free transfer.

But overall has played well in the 10 position.

The pendant in me says he would’ve gone for a free transfer regardless, because he ran his contract down at Leicester and did not sign a new one

and yes, before you ask, I’m bored this afternoon

Edited by Follyfoot

21 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The pendant in me says he would’ve gone for a free transfer regardless, because he ran his contract down at Leicester and did not sign a new one

and yes, before you ask, I’m bored this afternoon

Don't keep me hanging so long until your next post.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 5-1 said:

Shocked his house isn't bigger given wages but nice to see a family home rather than a massive mansion for a change 

Yeah it’s actually rather refreshing. 

His biggest weakness is when he has to cover long distances in the press. In the short spaces he's very quick and agile. It's just when he has to track back 30 yards he's getting beaten every time. But in the short spaces he can surrpsie people. 

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

His biggest weakness is when he has to cover long distances in the press. In the short spaces he's very quick and agile. It's just when he has to track back 30 yards he's getting beaten every time. But in the short spaces he can surrpsie people. 

He’s quite an odd player in that respect. Why can’t he run long distances at speed ?

He's been excellent for me after a tricky start. I think Unai knows just how to play to his strengths now. He can be the creative key to unlock stubborn defences. He's quality.

8 hours ago, 5-1 said:

Shocked his house isn't bigger given wages but nice to see a family home rather than a massive mansion for a change 

Give me more of these type of characters. Lovely to see.

Great performance from him today. Much more aggressive in his pressing and defensive work. And made a lot happen going forward too. If he can keep his all round game at this level and start finding the net again more often then he's been a great signing. That shot that hit the post was Bertie-esque!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 5-1 said:

I think a lot of players forget that they won't be working until they are 65 in the job.

Saving the majority of what you make when you have such a short career (that could end at any point) is the right way to go.

Â