Youri Tielemans

thejoker

A lot has been made of our form since Arsenal game but this is first time that side of City/Arsenal games has played since then. 

Interesting.

Most of the side have played and set up has only been slightly different but seemed to click a bit more. That said thought Sheffield were toilet. 

For sure thought Tielemans looks better as a ten. 

He’s the player Buendia was supposed to be.

Incredible passer of the ball. I always know that when he gets the ball in space with his head up, he’s going to hurt teams. 

For me, he lacks the athleticism to play in the wider positions and possibly the pace to play in central midfield, but if you can get pace on the flanks and play him as a 10 he can really, really hurt sides.

He’s a very gifted footballer. If he was athletic, pacey, quick, whatever, he wouldn’t be playing for us. 

• Like 3

I slagged him off when he was poor and all that stuff came out of him wanting more time (because I’m a fickle, naive, impatient Villa fan).

Ive learnt my lesson these days. I think he’s superb. Say it quietly but he’s better than Buendia…

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Incredible passer of the ball. I always know that when he gets the ball in space with his head up, he’s going to hurt teams. 

For me, he lacks the athleticism to play in the wider positions and possibly the pace to play in central midfield, but if you can get pace on the flanks and play him as a 10 he can really, really hurt sides.

He’s a very gifted footballer. If he was athletic, pacey, quick, whatever, he wouldn’t be playing for us. 

I dunno if you are trolling with the whole Buendia thing but it's getting a bit boring. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I dunno if you are trolling with the whole Buendia thing but it's getting a bit boring. 

Easier just to Ignore or he’ll keep doing it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

You are the "Buendia" of posters so it figures. 

Youri is a very intelligent footballer and showed it today in addition to his work rate and surprising athleticism. I believe the reason it didn't work so well out wide recently is due to form but also the whole team not clicking well. I often think he is in the right place or has the right idea and others just aren't on the same wavelength.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Spoony said:

I slagged him off when he was poor and all that stuff came out of him wanting more time (because I’m a fickle, naive, impatient Villa fan).

Ive learnt my lesson these days. I think he’s superb. Say it quietly but he’s better than Buendia…

To be fair, he was poor when played as part of the double pivot- and his inability to play there has caused us a bit of a problem given we basically have no depth there if Luiz/Kamara are injured.

Fair play to him though for his performances in a more advanced role. Without wanting to hint at agreeing with delphinho(!) his main value add to the squad has been as a Buendia replacement 

• Shocked 1

It's his passing through the defensive lines which hurt teams.  He could be our KDB, albeit without quite as much mobility.  But the way he can hit a ball and know the weight of pass required is his skill set. Also full of little flicks around corners and nutmegs as we saw last night.  

If we use him correctly, he's an extremely good asset for us.

• Like 4

I was so excited when we signed Youri and games like last night show his absolute class and ability. Needs a run of games without injuries to find some rhythm and momentum as that’s where he’s struggled. 

But as others have said, his vision, sense of space and weight of passing is fantastic. Think Watkins could really thrive off having him in the side. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spoony said:

Shout it from the hilltops good sir 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JPJCB said:

To be fair, he was poor when played as part of the double pivot- and his inability to play there has caused us a bit of a problem given we basically have no depth there if Luiz/Kamara are injured.

Fair play to him though for his performances in a more advanced role. Without wanting to hint at agreeing with delphinho(!) his main value add to the squad has been as a Buendia replacement 

It’s a slippery slope, my friend. Come join me in the Zaniolo thread and support me there too. 

On 03/02/2024 at 22:01, Spoony said:

To be fair, didn’t some journalist just ask him if he would like more playing time and understandably he said “yes”.

How would we have felt if he had said “no”?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 04/02/2024 at 04:23, Anything11 said:

You are the "Buendia" of posters so it figures. 

Youri is a very intelligent footballer and showed it today in addition to his work rate and surprising athleticism. I believe the reason it didn't work so well out wide recently is due to form but also the whole team not clicking well. I often think he is in the right place or has the right idea and others just aren't on the same wavelength.

Need Hogan back

Joy to watch. In terms of progressive final third passes he is streets ahead of anyone else in the squad. I cannot remember seeing a player attempt so many through balls in all my years watching the Villa. The creativity he gives us centrally is vital and could well be the difference betwen top 4 and top 6.

• Like 1

Â