Youri Tielemans

thejoker

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There is always a risk, when trying to build a " quality squad " as a team at our level.

" Higher profile " players will feel they should be starting and have the right to moan.

The top clubs can bring in the higher quality young prospects who are just as good, but will be patient.

Senior players used to being first teamers are a bit more of a pain.

I'm sure the likes of Dendonker have a good moan to themselves as well.

Having said that, let's note that reading things in black and white, can often make things look worse than they are, and that's by design.

Worst case, we got him on a free and can turn a profit. lol

IMO, currently, Kamara ain't totally Un droppable though.

He certainly has moments of question, lately....some say he can even play CB...judging by him not getting near the Nunez headed assist, I am not so sure.

Tielemans and Dendoncker will be watching, these things like we do.

BK has to defend better for me...but nor sure if Tielemans is any better in that dep't.

Edited by TRO

I think it is absolutely correct that he is having to fight for his place in the team. We have some very good players at the club who are certainly good enough to compete with him and who already "had the shirt" from last season so to speak. Add to that the current huge disruption we are having to endure defensively having let AY leave and then losing Mings for the season, on top of already having lost Moreno since last season and also with Diego Carlos being somewhat fragile & still settling in currently. So I totally understand the thinking to try & keep the solid base of Luiz & Kamara just in front of the defence.... for now at least. lets not forget we also lost Buendia & Ramsey too! That is one heck of a lot of disruption to be coping with so few games in to a new season.

I think he just has to be patient. The season has barely started & to be creating issues already is frankly poor form in my opinion. He is getting some game time too anyway & we know Emery likes to intorduce new players gradually if at all possible.

I'm sure Uri sees himself as good enough to be a first choice and wants to play but in all honesty he ain't been all that when he's come on anyway. A lot of defensive lapses and being loose with the ball is what i've seen from him thus far although there is obvious quality there too.

A bit of patience is required from him here.

• Like 3

I think he will come into his own. Right now it’s not easy to see who he replaces, but the moment someone gets injured or suspended - I think he comes in and grabs the shirt.

Although we have only seen him in snapshots of what he can do - Personally I like what I have seen and wish him well.

He just needs to be patient. It's great to see he is wanting on the pitch and he just needs to bide his time and be ready for when the manager turns to him.

At the rate we're going with injuries, he might get the nod alot sooner if our players keep dropping like flys.

Youri Tielemans in "I'd like to play every game' shocker!  He goes on to inform the very reliable journalist at the very reliable Daily Mirror newsrag, sorry, I meant newspaper, that he thinks Unai Emery is picking the wrong players in the wrong formation and that Emi Martinez should be playing on the left wing instead of Olivia Watkins.  Youri, 62, of Benefit Street, Walsall, went on to question the clubs purchases with French international Tielemans stating that Portugal international Ferran Torres is clearly not the same player he was when he was at Liverpool and this is because Emery doesn't know what he's doing.  

Think he should start the next game v Palace alongside Luiz as Kamara doesn't deserve to start in current form. I hope we don't keep playing the same midfield and cause Tielemans to think about leaving, because we have a good squad now and can afford to rotate without a drop off in quality.

Having said that, I think he was a bit silly to come out saying that. We're four games into the season for Christ sake, and to be honest we have a very good squad of players so he's not just going to walk in and play. Why don't the journos go and ask Maguire about not playing for his club or Phillips or Richarlison. Especially as they are undeservedly picked to start for very good national teams. But no they wouldn't do that, they just want to try to unsettle things at Villa.

Anyhow I think he deserves a start against Palace and its up to Tielemans to perform if he is selected for that game. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think we should play Tielemans and Luiz, Kamara has been poor against The Barcodes and Liverplop.

Tielemans deserves his chance.

Play Kamara in the Cups.

What has he done to deserve his chance? His cameos have been forgettable so far

13 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Non story. Without seeing the interview yourself (impossible for most of us I'd guess seeing as it's in Belgian) and seeing his tone etc, it's impossible to judge anyway.

Its not in Belgian 😉

• Like 1

18 hours ago, troon_villan said:

The fact we've been battered twice already won't be helping but he needs to keep that shit to himself.  Only gonna get harder when Ramsey is back.

How will Ramsey being back affect him in the slightest? He is competing with Douglas Luiz, Kamara and Dendoncker for a place. Not Ramsey and McGinn.

On 04/09/2023 at 08:46, Pinebro said:

Good chances he will leave in January if he keeps not getting regular gametime.

Aged well!

Let's hope Unai starts to play him soon. We need squad depth

Â