Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Fortunately even 1ppg for the rest of the season should be enough for 5th. And I doubt we’ll maintain that poor form

yeah, 1 PPG would prob be enough tbh, lucky for us.

But the drop in form is concerning.

End of day i rather win Conference than finish 4th. People remember that in 10 years time

Champions League damaged Newcastle more than enhanced them this season. This project is a marathon not a sprint

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And then play Newcastle, city and arsenal 

And we still have Arsenal and Liverpool to play

Brighton is a tricky game as well 

Utd are currently worrying about West Ham and Newcastle winning today I. Their battle for 6th.

We need to get 3 more wins and I believe that will be enough for 4th.

Edited by VillaJay

1 minute ago, VillaJay said:

The catastrophe fpr some posters is incredible, I guess it's how they deal with things not going there way.

We're currently in 4th place.

Spurs still have to play Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Liverpool.

I'd rather have the points on the board.

Some of the comments I've seen on social media I don't know how people coped back in the Mcliesh/Lambert days.

It's annoying to not win especially when 2 nil up but there is disappointed / frustrated and there there is stuff like "that's the most shameful half of football I've seen " .

For me we missed Cash , both going forward and in defence the goals all started from that side .I'd need to see them again to see where the blame goes for those in the middle ,the first one is a pure fluke mind you he missed the ball hit is standing leg and went in.

Arsenal is going to be tough without Dougie but think people also need to take into account there are under pressure now.They can't afford to lose and they will be big favs.I said before it's that wierd result period of season ,bournmouth where one of form teams and got done by Luton today.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I assume you’re worried about relegation after that result?

No worried about United beating Liverpool 

Also have to rely on 5th being good enough for CL

We've 1 win in 5 soon to be 6. If we fluff lines against Bournemouth then it can all collapse rapidly 

We are already in a collapse it's just we have had such a good 2023 we may fall over the line with CL 

Just now, The_Steve said:

I’m just parodying some of the hyperbole posted 

Why is it hyperbolic?

2-0 and to drop two points is atrocious. People can be upset in the moment, on the singular event, but not be damning Villa, and our season, in the entirety.

Unfortunate but it's not the end of the world. Spurs aren't just going to fly through this run in so no need to go overboard. 

They hold the advantage for now but 4th definitely isn't over. 

• Like 1

Just now, Don_Simon said:

Why is it hyperbolic?

2-0 and to drop two points is atrocious. People can be upset in the moment, on the singular event, but not be damning Villa, and our season, in the entirety.

I’m not happy about the result. Equally, I find the nonsense about people claiming 4th is now gone totally self defeating. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

And we still have Arsenal and Liverpool to play

Brighton is a tricky game as well 

They're all tricky for everyone, that's why you favour points on the board 

There's miles to go in this yet 

4th is going to be hard vs spurs but 5th I'll be amazed if utd catch us

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I’d say it’s more about the squad depth more than anything. Losing key players at key moments is the main reason for this. 

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

It is although it's pretty clearly due to injuries.

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

No worried about United beating Liverpool 

Also have to rely on 5th being good enough for CL

We've 1 win in 5 soon to be 6. If we fluff lines against Bournemouth then it can all collapse rapidly 

We are already in a collapse it's just we have had such a good 2023 we may fall over the line with CL 

No we're not, as much as you might wish that were the case. These are our results from the beginning of the year. That is not under any circumstances a "collapse".

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

I’m not happy about the result. Equally, I find the nonsense about people claiming 4th is now gone totally self defeating. 

This I agree with completely, I haven't seen posts of people saying that. A ridiculous overreaction.

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Unfortunate but it's not the end of the world. Spurs aren't just going to fly through this run in so no need to go overboard. 

They hold the advantage for now but 4th definitely isn't over. 

Win against a poor Forest and they will be 4th with a game in hand, which is why big Ange ain't been flapping. He knows, once he's there, they are gonna take some moving.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Win against a poor Forest and they will be 4th with a game in hand, which is why big Ange ain't been flapping. He knows, once he's there, they are gonna take some moving.

They’ve already been there (and higher).

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Fourth is still possible, Spurs are favorites now, but they are just as capable of having a result like ours today as we are. I'd expect them to beat Forest tomorrow, but if Newcastle can do us a favor next weekend by beating them, then they will be no more than three points ahead of us going into a difficult run of fixtures where they play Man City, Arsenal, Chelsa Liverpool, so we've still got a chance, we really could do with them losing a game where they're not expected to, or even better us getting an unexpected win, to put us back into pole position

Fulham thrashed Spurs 3-0 last week, they will definitely lose a few more, wouldn't be surprised to see them lose 4/5 more.

We need 3 more wins from 6 or 1.5ppg and that should be enough for 4th.

I also think Arsenal are beatable next week and 4pts from this 3 game run would have us right back on track.

Every game is winnable but tough now for the rest of the season and today was never a banker, disappointing not to win from 2 up but overall we're managing with a huge amount of injuries and suspensions.