Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Must important thing now is we don't mess up the Lille game (they're better than Ajax so people should not be underestimating them).

Getting to SFs of Conference league will help with the co-efficient. We need to do everything in our power to make sure 5th is 100% CL now.

And no any resting players at Arsenal nonsense as that blew up in our face in second half as we went very flat after going 2-0 up.

• Like 1

Infuriating how we concede then immediately switch off and concede another. Problem with mentality that needs looking at by Unai. Has happened a few times this season I think. At 2 nil up Unai needs to be managing the game better seeing as the players can't be trusted to do it. Although sickening, a point is ok not disastrous I suppose. Urgh.

Posted (edited)

It isn’t unrealistic for Spurs to lose their games against Liverpool, Arsenal and Citeh.

It’s probably equally reasonable to say they will win against Forest, Sheff Utd and Burnley.

The Spurs games that are up in the air are Newcastle and Chelsea.  

Edited by Mark Albrighton

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I don't think you can blame the crowd. We concede at 2-1 and suddenly our players go back to not bothering to mark guys in the six yard box, stop any crosses or even pass the ball.

In that mental ten minute spell I don't think we made five successive passes at any point and we were all over the place so the crowd is always going to be stunned by that.

Going to be tough to get over 70 points now so we need Spurs to lose most of their away games left which could still happen.

The crowd were dead before and moaning like **** after 

It was a shit atmosphere again today 

If we don't score in the first 5 minutes the whole "here we go again, same old villa" negativity kicks in despite this blatantly not being the same old villa

It's a massive hurdle that we need to overcome, it will hold us back 

The mental frailty of this team is alarming. It's not just the defending that becomes dreadful, during those spells we are pathetic on the ball as well, either missing easy passing or trying absurd dribbles in our own half.

Embarrassing display, and it keeps happening, against forest, against Luton, against spurs, against city and again today

It really was a must win for 4th because they are one of the lowest position teams left to play. If we beat Bournemouth and palace it should be fine for 5th but we are literally stumbling and staggering over the line and we still have a job to do in Europe.

I was half expecting this sort of thing from the wolves game if any tbh

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

4th is gone now. Have to hope 5th is enough unless we collapse against Bournemouth too 

No, it's going to be tough, but Spurs still have to play Chelsea x2 and the top 3. So it's not completely gone. It's going to be hard now yes, we have to rely on other teams.

But 5th is not a bad finish, gutted if 5th doesn't give CL.

IF we lost every game to the end the season and by some fluke Manure finished ahead then we didn't deserve it, but that would take a monumental bottle job. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

One win in 5 games soon to be six after Arsenal 

Season collapse well under way. 

That's well over the top seeing as we have no right to be in 4th anyway given our injury problems!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

4th is gone now. Have to hope 5th is enough unless we collapse against Bournemouth too 

I thought we were going to finish 6th?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

12 points (effectively 13) ahead of United now.

As long as 5th is UCL it'll be fine. Bayern lost again...

To heidenheim after being 2-0 up at half time 

Arsenal should be favourites for that game 

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Good lord, every time a result doesn’t go our way a vocal minority act like the sky is falling. 

United aren’t in the race. We are still fourth, nor does it mean Spurs will win their games in hand. There’s a lot of twists to come and much to play for. 

The collapse was inexcusable, but we dug deep and unlucky to not score again. Have faith. 

The catastrophe fpr some posters is incredible, I guess it's how they deal with things not going there way.

We're currently in 4th place.

Spurs still have to play Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Liverpool.

I'd rather have the points on the board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

No, it's going to be tough, but Spurs still have to play Chelsea x2 and the top 3. So it's not completely gone. It's going to be hard now yes, we have to rely on other teams.

But 5th is not a bad finish, gutted if 5th doesn't give CL.

IF we lost every game to the end the season and by some fluke Manure finished ahead then we didn't deserve it, but that would take a monumental bottle job. 

You say this like it's good news, Chelsea are horrendous.

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

That's well over the top seeing as we have no right to be in 4th anyway given our injury problems!!

Yeah but you’re talking to a guy who has been desperate for us to lose for weeks now. He’ll jump on any negativity he can

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1