Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

49 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

On that, we have beaten Arsenal and Man City already this season and even drew with Man City in one of Gerrard's last games. I would not be surprised to see us get a result or two from one of Liverpool, Arsenal or Man City.

We are a good side with a decent squad and a top manager.

I get what your saying, but them results were at Villa Park. Away from home is a different story, I don’t think Villa are capable of digging deep away to Man City/Arsenal and getting a result. 5-1 at St James Park (at the time Newcastle had a strong home record) and 3-0 at Anfield was a tough watch and feel it will be similar with them 2 fixtures. 

I’m slightly more optimistic about the Liverpool game but our record against them is nearly on par with our record against Man Utd. We just don’t beat them. 

• Like 1

McGinn has always had poor games against Wolves tbh. Not sure why but as it's a bit of a Derby he always had a rush of blood and always playing on the edge.

Probably will still miss him, but still have faith in our midfield.

2 hours ago, RichW said:

I get what your saying, but them results were at Villa Park. Away from home is a different story, I don’t think Villa are capable of digging deep away to Man City/Arsenal and getting a result. 5-1 at St James Park (at the time Newcastle had a strong home record) and 3-0 at Anfield was a tough watch and feel it will be similar with them 2 fixtures. 

I’m slightly more optimistic about the Liverpool game but our record against them is nearly on par with our record against Man Utd. We just don’t beat them. 

Let’s hope the manager and the players have a bit more faith thank you.

Does anyone know how our form this season compares to last season (just under Unai). Obviously the Stevie G drag factor had an effect at the start of last season, but under Unai we shot up the table. Have we maintained a similar win percentage this season? Or has it improved or dipped slightly? I'm curious to know how consistent we have been under his leadership.

Would love to be excited about Luton leading Spurs but seen this script a few times with Spurs in the second half. Plus Luton love throwing a lead away! Fingers crossed they can hold on. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RichW said:

Would love to be excited about Luton leading Spurs but seen this script a few times with Spurs in the second half. Plus Luton love throwing a lead away! Fingers crossed they can hold on. 

That is definitely the script. 1-1. Come on Luton.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

That is definitely the script. 1-1. Come on Luton.

If the hatters get a result at their place I'd be very surprised, would be **** amazing though. Come on the hatters...

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

God that's annoying 

It's predictable. We need to concentrate on our own results anyway. We can't rely on Angeball. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, picicata said:

Can you really get annoyed but something that predictable? 

Yes. When they score with a few minutes to go. We will see shock results between now and the seasons end. This could easily have been one of them.

Anyway, over to us.

Big thing there is Spurs didn't do much with the GD.

Have to see how West Ham react midweek to their collapse, they will create chances with how high Spurs play and what they have upfront.