Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

28 minutes ago, grobs said:

I’ve just put £100 on spurs to finish top 4. Just in case. You’ll all be happy to know I can’t win a bet to save my life 

I did similar a few days back. 17/1, will at least take the sting off - but really I did it to “reverse jinx” Villa.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Seriously go put £50 on Spurs at 16-1 to get 4th. It will lessen the blow 

I can’t - I don’t do betting. I’d much prefer to spend the money on tools I don’t need and wood. 

• Like 3

I fear Palace now. Their new manager has them running like a Ferrari. We might find it easier to beat Liverpool at VP than Palace away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

I fear Palace now. Their new manager has them running like a Ferrari. We might find it easier to beat Liverpool at VP than Palace away.

If you think it will come down to needing a result against Palace to get 4th you really should get on Spurs at 16-1

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tayls said:

So at what point are people going to become nervous? Would it be if Spurs win on Saturday and then draw with City on the Tuesday? (Assuming we lose to Liverpool) 

Why are we assuming we lose to Liverpool? Hopefully we can get something from that game.

7 hours ago, Tayls said:

So at what point are people going to become nervous? Would it be if Spurs win on Saturday and then draw with City on the Tuesday? (Assuming we lose to Liverpool) 

If Spurs have a chance of getting the UCL spot going into the last game of the season I'll simply presume they will get it.

8 hours ago, Tayls said:

It seems that you are the one most nervous. 

Chill out dude, what will be, will be. 

8 hours ago, smg said:

Except for many on here it clearly wasn’t good fun (you only have to look at their often embarrassing comments before during and after games) unless we are winning regularly the players are shit, bottlers, lazy, not good enough the list goes on. The fact we are still 4th in the league and in a semi final of a European competition and have already qualified for another year in Europe next season ( admittedly not CL yet) appears to be unacceptable for some.   
Not sure what they are going to do next season when we don’t do the league and Champions league double. 

Entitlement.

We laughed at it with the big teams in recent years. We're now becoming that... well, some of our fanbase is. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tayls said:

If Spurs beat Burnley and we lose to Liverpool and Spurs beat Man City

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Anyone else think that Burnley can get something against Spuds? They went to another "big 6" team recently and got a draw.....

Edited by ben1505

3 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Anyone else think that Burnley can get something against Spuds? They went to another "big 6" team recently and got a draw.....

Anything is possible, we could possibly beat Liverpool.

8 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

They have more to play for than some of the Spurs players probably care about

I wonder if it will be a weird atmosphere in the the Spurs v Man City game... Will the Spurs fans want to beat Man City if it hands Arsenal the league? Asking for a friend...

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Entitlement.

We laughed at it with the big teams in recent years. We're now becoming that... well, some of our fanbase is. 

I dread to think what it's going to be like next season if we fall off a bit with the added demands of the CL and other teams getting their shit together

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ben1505 said:

Yep. Burnley are in decent form, and Spurs look like they have no desire for 4th spot. 

11 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Palace looking in great form.

Cant see us winning at their place.

Arsenal looking in great form.

Cant see us winning at their place.

• Like 2

There’s no nerves or stress here, we’ve had the best season in decades and we are guaranteed 5th no matter what. It’s been an excellent season. It would be disappointing to lose 4th now, we’ve been there for so long. But realistically we are likely to finish in 4th anyway. 

Chill Winstons!

• Like 2

Burnley are very capable of getting 3 points against spurs in their current form.