Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

9 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Agree Spurs won’t win their next three. Less sure that it’s “not a huge ask” to beat Palace based on their results under the new manager. They’ve comprehensively beaten West Ham, Newcastle and Liverpool in the last fortnight.

It’s a certainty at all at all, but going to Palace when you’re a 4th place team isn’t a huge ask. Needing a win against a title-chasing best team in the world (ish) City is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

And I think it will be. 

Luckily, Man City will need to win the match. 

If Spurs get a point against Man City then I fear our GD isn’t enough. 

16-1 Spurs 4th get on. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

To many here relying on results that's the worse thing. It's in our hands still. I don't want to hear this tired bs we're talking Premier League players here. Get back a few from injuries and stand up to be counted not go missing when the heat is on simple as that leadership.

Well said. Although be careful, most on here have already used tiredness as the reason why we're not going to pick up another point this season and accepted that even if it means finishing 5th.

We're Aston **** Villa, we need to show some fight in these last 2 games and not rely on what Spurs do or don't do. I'll be devastated if we miss out on 4th from here on in. 

• Like 1

I think we'll get over the line, but largely through Spurs Spursing it and the unkind run of fixtures they've had recently. It's still in our hands ultimately - our results this season show that we are capable of beating Liverpool at home or Palace away. Personally, I'd rather we did it on the pitch rather than "Spurs loss hands Villa 4th" - I want US to win the game that seals it, and Liverpool at home gives us that chance (assuming Spurs beat Burnley)

If we finish 4th we'll have deserved it regardless of how the season may or may not end.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

So if Spurs lose to City, we’re in?

I'm amazed someone is still asking that question.

Seems people are using negative energy unnecessarily if they aren't actually on top of the permutations. Not like there's 10 games remaining.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Exactly I outlined above, let's say there's a 4 goal swing next weekend, we lose 2-0 and they win 2-0 or we lose 1-0 and they win 3-0.

Then we're down to a 5 goal lead and they play Sheffield who are done and gone and concede lots of goals. We lose 1-0 and Spurs win 4-0 and they have it on goals scored 

Those 2 extra goals today matter. 

Put a bet on all of those results in tandem, you'll make an absolute mint.

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

oh ffs there's going to be a pitch invasion isn't there if we do

Hopefully not.

Very small time and I don't recall Newcastle doing that when they finished 4th last year.

Would also delay the players getting a well deserved ovation on their lap of appreciation by about 20 minutes so you'd like to think the majority would factor that for an evening game.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

we've been through slumps before and come out the other side with great performances.

We sure have.

We have more injuries now, but it's possible for sure.

16 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Exactly I outlined above, let's say there's a 4 goal swing next weekend, we lose 2-0 and they win 2-0 or we lose 1-0 and they win 3-0.

Then we're down to a 5 goal lead and they play Sheffield who are done and gone and concede lots of goals. We lose 1-0 and Spurs win 4-0 and they have it on goals scored 

Those 2 extra goals today matter. 

...and Spurs still need to draw against City.

Will they do that? Defending like this? City going for the title?

No. No they won't.

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The return of Tielemans and Martinez should get us over the line. 

When are they back?