Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

could be all over if we beat brighton and spurs don't win mid week, they would be 9/10 points behind when their weekend kick off happens

20 minutes ago, useless said:

My excellent post regained

We're in a better position now relative to Spurs than if we had have both won this weeked, and now can't go above us even if they win their games in hand, it's not even guaranteed they will beat both of Burnley and Sheffield United

sheff utd, yes i'd say that's about as safe a bet as you're likely to get

we need to hope that burnley have a chance of survival though. teams fighting for their lives have a tendancy to spring the odd surprise

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

we need to hope that burnley have a chance of survival though. teams fighting for their lives have a tendancy to spring the odd surprise

I think a forest loss today would be good for this reason.

• Like 1

Spurs next two games are away, they’re not very good away (apart from when the my beat us of course). I think Chelsea will beat them, they’ll be looking to stop Spurs getting top 4 if anything.

if we go into the Brighton game with a 7 point gap, I think it’s done and dusted.

On 27/04/2024 at 17:17, RicRic said:

We beat arsenal and liverpool also in the frame for the title have completely collapsed.. Anything can happen nerves and pressure have shown this, they wont be losing both imo but lets hope they do 🙏

One down mate. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, useless said:

My excellent post regained

We're in a better position now relative to Spurs than if we had have both won this weeked, and now can't go above us even if they win their games in hand, it's not even guaranteed they will beat both of Burnley and Sheffield United

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

For weeks many of us - myself included - have been kind of silently giving Spurs +6 from the Burnley and Sheff Utd games, but while they'll beat the latter easily they aren't similar sides any more. Burnley have barely lost in the last 6-8 weeks now, and have drawn with Chelsea (in which Burnley were down to 10 for nearly the entire game) and Manchester United (in which Burnley were the better team) in that run. They almost certainly won't be mathematically down either, so could see a motivated Burnley possibly getting a point off Spurs. 

• Like 1

Brighton just want the season to end now. Form collapsed now and they were playing a couple of kids today so a very good time in the season to play them. And our record v them since coming up in 2019 is sensational, think it's only one defeat in 11 games so we're in their heads anyway.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Spurs could beat Burnley and Sheffield United 40-0 in each game. It does not matter one bit to us if they get 0 points from Chelsea, Liverpool and Man. City.

Arsenal win today also means Man. City unlikely to go into the Spurs game with the title race over, think Arsenal would need to lose their next two for it to be mathematical which I can't see happening.

51 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Come on Villa!

spacer.png

My Wrestling hero. And also what we should call Unai Emery if he somehow traverses this season and achieves 4th place.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If you still don’t think we will finish 4th you can get 5-1 on Spurs now. I’d be all over that if I didn’t believe. 

What are our odds, mate?

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

could be all over if we beat brighton and spurs don't win mid week, they would be 9/10 points behind when their weekend kick off happens

If they lose both games this week it’s as good as done. 

If they win one and we beat Brighton then it’s as good as done. They’d need to beat Man City in the penultimate game to stay in it. 

I think they’ll win one of their games this week, we’ll beat Brighton, spurs will beat Burnley and then lose to City and it’ll be done. 

We’ll be on the beach for Palace

• Like 1