Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 minute ago, tinker said:

+1 point on them, spurs look good, got the bit between their teeth second half. Don't think I can bring myself to watch the Chelsea game,far  too nervous, UTV 

They are a good team but Arsenal were poor today, gave the ball away cheaply all game. They would’ve have been more comfortable if the keeper hadn’t given Spurs hope. 

Strange how football can work. Had we have won last night and Spurs drew today we'd be a point further in front of them but arguably it would have made Spurs remaining games easier. Chelsea would have been deflated going into their game against Spurs after 2 defeats, and being a point further off the only thing they have left to play for, and Man City would have almost certainly had the title wrapped up before they play Spurs. 

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Panic over, ideal result. Onto the next. Hopefully we played Chelsea into some form

I thought Chelsea looked good last night. Hopefully they turn up against Spurs. 

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Strange how football can work. Had we have won last night and Spurs drew today we'd be a point further in front of them but arguably it would have made Spurs remaining games easier. Chelsea would have been deflated going into their game against Spurs after 2 defeats, and being a point further off the only thing they have left to play for, and Man City would have almost certainly had the title wrapped up before they play Spurs. 

Agree, we need Arsenal to keep winning so City have to go to Spurs and win. If Arsenal draw or lose that game it would probably have meant the Spurs v City game was a dead rubber from City’s point of view 

• Like 1

Also, which teams are likely to get into which European Comp next season?

Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Villa CL

Spurs, Man U Europa

Newcastle Conference...... that it?

What about League cup and FA cup winners places?

Edited by ben1505

Can't see anything about Spurs top 4 hopes being 'dented' on the BBC website?! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Another small step closer to 4th. I refuse to play the Champions League theme until we actually qualify though. 

Come on you Chelsea boys! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Also, which teams are liklely to get into which European Comp next season?

Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Villa CL

Spurs, Man U Europa

West Ham Conference...... that it?

You've missed Newcastle, who are not going to be caught by West Ham (IMO). 

11 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Would have been great to see Spurs goal difference take a battering but great to be 7 points clear with them not being able to catch us in their two games in hand.

This cannot be stated enough. So much pressure on them compared to us. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Am I right in thinking IF Spuds lose against Chelsea and Liverpool AND we beat Brighton, it's all over rover?

That's what my math says, it's just a shame they kick off after us, so we can't celebrate at Brighton

Posted (edited)

I think Spurs will lose at least one of their next 2. 

I think we finish next weekend 7 clear with 2 to play, with only one game in hand for Spurs. 

If spurs lose their game against city then it could be done

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3