Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why do you think that? Both Arsenal and City are fighting for the title and the most in form teams in the league. I think Spurs will lose both.

We beat arsenal and liverpool also in the frame for the title have completely collapsed.. Anything can happen nerves and pressure have shown this, they wont be losing both imo but lets hope they do 🙏

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If all the German teams get knocked out losing all their games and villa win all 3 games then I think yes 

So in other words no

So there’s a chance then 🤔

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Burnley might be a trickier game than expected for Spurs, they're at least showing some fight. Love a self implosion though. 

And Sheffield United will have that brakes off no pressure that a relegated side has so they really have nothing at stake so can play with freedom so who knows.

I’ve been a Villa supporter since 88/89 and since then I’ve known that majority of the time finishing above Man Utd usually brings you the title. 

That’s how good they’ve been since then. I hope this is a regular occurrence for us to finish ahead of them. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That man utd winning streak is going to start any day now... 

Probably be one of those occasions where we got enough points to finish above them in mid March. I can see them struggling to win any of their last four. Newcastle will finish 6th with what they have left.

4 games left and European football guaranteed this week without playing a game, and both times meant we went from conference league to Europa league. Let's end the weekend with champions league practically guaranteed.

We've 4 games left and cannot drop below 5th, have European competition next season guaranteed.

And we have the chance to win a European trophy this season with so many key players missing.

It will be a disgrace if they give manager of the season to anyone but the Don.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

4 games left and European football guaranteed this week without playing a game, and both times meant we went from conference league to Europa league. Let's end the weekend with champions league practically guaranteed.

We've 4 games left and cannot drop below 5th, have European competition next season guaranteed.

And we have the chance to win a European trophy this season with so many key players missing.

Even a win tonight and a Spurs loss tomorrow wouldn't practically guarantee Champions League, although it would put is in a very very good position.

12 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Has been a very enjoyable and relaxing afternoon. First time in ages my wife and I haven't  had the children and have decided to not do work/admin of some description. Couple of drinks,  look up the football scores - nice to realise that none of the results really affects us in the slightest, and even Man U winning wouldn't  really have made the slightest bit of difference. Good point to stand back and take stock of how good the season has been. A strange feeling. Hope I'm  feeling  as good in 4 hours

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Even a win tonight and a Spurs loss tomorrow wouldn't practically guarantee Champions League, although it would put is in a very very good position.

It puts pressure on them and really puts us in the driving seat. Psychology is a big thing in the final stretch of a season. A win tonight would be huge.

12 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

It puts pressure on them and really puts us in the driving seat. Psychology is a big thing in the final stretch of a season. A win tonight would be huge.

Oh I know, just saying that I don't think we'll be quite be at the "practically guaranteed" stage yet (like we were practically guaranteed of 5th after beating Bournemouth last week for example).

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Not sure they will be doing one as 8pm kick off

If they don’t, I’m running on the pitch and I will lap it. 

Or get concussed trying. 

45 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I’ve been a Villa supporter since 88/89 and since then I’ve known that majority of the time finishing above Man Utd usually brings you the title. 

That’s how good they’ve been since then. I hope this is a regular occurrence for us to finish ahead of them. 

Loving this all these years and its the first we’ve ever finished above them well the first for me anyway , i didnt even think i would ever see us above them considering how huge and successful they’ve been and we have been the complete opposite unreal 😆

Edited by RicRic

47 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Has been a very enjoyable and relaxing afternoon. First time in ages my wife and I haven't  had the children and have decided to not do work/admin of some description. Couple of drinks,  look up the football scores - nice to realise that none of the results really affects us in the slightest, and even Man U winning wouldn't  really have made the slightest bit of difference. Good point to stand back and take stock of how good the season has been. A strange feeling. Hope I'm  feeling  as good in 4 hours

I said this the other day. Very odd to not have anything riding on any of the games from our point of view - very relaxing. (for now) 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So it's basically 5th at minimum for us.

In essence, an outstanding season regardless of how the rest plays out.

Let's get that 4th spot now!

5th and a Euro semi at very worst 🥰