Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, maybe even a decent bet, that EVERY English team exits this week.

5th is not going to be Champions League.

I think if it becomes impossible to secure that 5th spot for the PL, then we will HAVE to focus on the league to land 4th place. We’d essentially need to throw the ECL. 

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think if it becomes impossible to secure that 5th spot for the PL, then we will HAVE to focus on the league to land 4th place. We’d essentially need to throw the ECL. 

We ended up imploding when we did that last time. 🤣

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, maybe even a decent bet, that EVERY English team exits this week.

Yeah the UK bias is really absurd in the UK media, on football daily they were backing Liverpool to score 4 against Atalanta... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

It's still very much on if City and Arsenal win. City are City and Bayern are missing some better players apparently so it could happen. However with Dortmund advancing unexpectedly and Liverpool cruising out, I expect we'll need to win the Conference League to secure it, and/or hope City win the treble.

Let's just finish fourth!

Edited by jayEm

6 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Spurs in the mud

6 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

We literally won away to Arsenal after Thursday night lol 

And….We might not be able to continue that. We could lose to Bournemouth this weekend…  we could also win. Sure. 

Personally, if 5th isn’t going to be CL then I’d be happy with us exiting the ECL to just have prem games to play. If we win the ECL and still secure 4th then I’d still obviously be delighted. I’m not an animal. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

And….We might not be able to continue that. We could lose to Bournemouth this weekend…  we could also win. Sure. 

Personally, if 5th isn’t going to be CL then I’d be happy with us exiting the ECL to just have prem games to play. If we win the ECL and still secure 4th then I’d still obviously be delighted. I’m not an animal. 

Well I'm sure we will  be going full out vs Lille, which means if we win there's 5 PL games left and 2 UECL games, the final is after prem finished. I'm sure the squad can handle that given the showing on Sunday, they look pretty fit. 

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’d rather win the ECL in all honesty.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

4 goals in the second half and some subs, only 4 minutes added?

Normal for euro games they don't add on anything like PL refs 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Are people still worried about 2 away wins in last 10 league games Spurs?

Am I worried about a team that is 3 points behind us but with a game in hand when the difference between 4th and 5th is a Champions League spot.... mmm... yes. Yes I am.

• Like 3

After the results the weekend and with the fixtures spurs have, we beat Bournemouth and Chelsea 9 points clear that should be enough as spurs don’t play until after we play Chelsea 

• Like 2