Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 minute ago, Vancvillan said:

Would 5th place have more qualifying games or anything? Or would it be the same as finishing 4th?

Straight into the Swiss Model group stage CL.

7 points think will guarantee 4th, when you look at spurs fixtures, be very surprised if they got more than 9 points and think that's being generous 

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

Bournemouth will be missing Sinisterra and Tavarneir, possibly Semenyo (their best player IMO). Good time to play them. 

Are they suspended?

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Chelsea look scary guys. They could catch us 

I was looking at  that the other week  after they came back to beat Man U and how we also need them to beat Spurs for us  … then they went and dropped 2 points to Sheff U so I discounted  them 

but 68 is the max they can get so we just need 5 points to rule them out 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I was looking at  that the other week  after they came back to beat Man U and how we also need them to beat Spurs for us  … then they went and dropped 2 points to Sheff U so I discounted  them 

but 68 is the max they can get so we just need 5 points to rule them out 

Naaaaah

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Chelsea look scary guys. They could catch us 

WHAT ABOUT MANCHESTER UNITED.  

They are only 33 points behind Liverpool, they deserve a Champions League place. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Not this season, they could finish 5th though

They have flashes of quality but are really inconsistent.   One good thing for our game is they have to play Arsenal the Tuesday before!

If Unai can come up with a plan to beat (deservedly) Arsenal at the Emirates, I feel confident he can come up with something for Chelsea at Villa Park.  Things don’t always go to plan of course but he has a plan and will understand what is needed.