Marco Asensio

wishywashy

Just now, nick76 said:

No! Going to PSG is a backwards step compared to signing a new contract at Madrid.

Normally I’d agree with your second part but the quotes attributed to him suggests he wants to be the main man and be appreciated.  If he wanted what you are saying, why would he not stay at Madrid which has more chance of the biggest prize and he gets good game time there already?

Have been a lot of news stories based on what he might be thinking, not sure we are at all close to the reality. Hopefully we get this decided soon so we can all move on, but I quite enjoy the rollercoaster of hope and despair in a transfer window so I'm content to see it play out!

• Like 1

So basically Asensio has a point to prove, he’s been at Real Madrid for almost his entire career as a squad player highly appreciated by the fans and club but not enough lock down a regular spot in the starting 11 in some sense he’s similar to Guti. Has often reach double figures goals and assists so if he want regular game time and a chance to prove that he is the man then a move to PSG doesn’t make sense.

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

This transfer has entered the realm of the classic 'VillaTalk 50/50'. 

Will he or won't he. 

Whenever we get to that stage, it usually means that Villa don't get the player in the end.

• Like 1

Think people are underestimating that PSG are a club that will sign players regardless of who the manager is or whether they even have one, and that they are very light on forward at the options so as it stands he would be playing for them. He's struggling to get a look in at Real because of Rodrygo, but there is no right-sided player at PSG currently so he walks into the position. 

If it's between us and them he's getting offered main man at a Conference League team going places vs starting forward for - as loathe as I am to say it - one of the wealthiest and most appealing clubs on the planet to play for. Villa are going to struggle in such scenarios, as much as I'm holding out some hope that he'd be one of the outliers that would choose us.

Edited by Indigo

15 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The other choices were Manchester or munich neither city are much better Tbf. 

I stuck up for Brum against Manc but I ain't doing it for Munich! 

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

I stuck up for Brum against Manc but I ain't doing it for Munich! 

I will take that one. I must have been to the wrong bits of Munich because I thought it was absolutely nothing special and not particularly nice. 

32 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

D6C75CB5-1468-4335-9A64-65FF1B60BF83.thumb.jpeg.c10aca15f083ddf44d49069f7e12cf14.jpeg

Erm… I’m going to go out on a limb here lads and guess she’s more of a Paris girl.

Sure, but can she do it on a cold rainy Thursday night in PopWorld? 

• Haha 1

So PSG have matched our offer from the sounds of it. So be it if that's his preference. Practically a guaranteed cup win and CL football! We tried, we move on.

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I will take that one. I must have been to the wrong bits of Munich because I thought it was absolutely nothing special and not particularly nice. 

WB

Munich Travel Guide | Munich Tourism - KAYAK

24 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Staying at Madrid is going backwards? I admire the hope, but this guy is going to go for money AND playing time AND chance of the biggest prize. That won't be us.

Mate, I think his point is that, the reason his future at Madrid is up in the air in the first place, is because he ain't getting playing time etc.

12 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Need to stop being used by these guys.  Give them a reasonable timeline, if dont decide then move on

Pretty sure this is the case.

Our season has literally just ended and theirs isn't even finished yet.

Window ain't even open either.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wes said:

So PSG have matched our offer from the sounds of it. So be it if that's his preference. Practically a guaranteed cup win and CL football! We tried, we move on.

We don’t know that.  The Spanish season ends on Sunday, I guess nothing will be announced until then wherever he goes.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Pretty sure this is the case.

Our season has literally just ended and theirs isn't even finished yet.

Window ain't even open either.

Did you get any further info yesterday? 

Â