Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

You know the lengthy red card review happened in that 5 minutes yeah?

People don't understand added on time.  They just see a high number and get outraged.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

It was never a red.

He got a touch on the ball and the follow through was unfortunate but Jota booted someone in the head a few weeks before and only got a yellow so....

yeah i agree, heskey supported us, it was clear from the footage that it was never a red. Stan petrov thinks we were lucky not to have one though

3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think the ref has been alright under pressure. I'd have liked a card for fabinho but other than that he's not bowed to the crowd and given them a pen or awarded a red. Got our pen spot on when it first looked like Kanoute had won the ball. 

We've looked good, bright in midfield and tested them going forwards. I've just never liked Watkins taking pens

Likewise. He does not look confident and I am never feel confident that he can score it either.

You can't have the missed pen and the goal that happened five minutes later as "should be 2-0" lads come on

You can have the goal and the chance from the free kick as "should be 2-0" but I've got that down as a "could well have been 2-0" personally

OK thanks

1 minute ago, sne said:

Fredrik Ljungberg in the Swedish studio thinks it should have been a red card on Mings and a penalty for Henderson. 

Nice to get a reminder to why I always mute the audio during HT.

Italians saying no red and no penalty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

The co-commentator on the Peacock stream I am watching is a biased bellend

Particularly enjoyed the comment “Liverpool will be enraged that the ref has done them no favours today”. 
They don’t even try to disguise it, do they?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

People don't understand added on time.  They just see a high number and get outraged.

But where did the original 5 minutes come from?  Even Emery seemed wound up by it and that's saying something.

Just now, bobzy said:

I understand it and would like it to be applied consistently. At Wolves there were about 20 fouls in the second half, multiple substitutions, and we got 3 minutes. Absolute bias there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Klopp is in constant audio contact with the people of the Liverpool bench. This really should not be allowed but it's nothing new. 

We need to go back to the days of Mourinho hiding in the dressing room clothes hamper!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I understand it and would like it to be applied consistently. At Wolves there were about 20 fouls in the second half, multiple substitutions, and we got 3 minutes. Absolute bias there

Just anti-Villa or pro-Wolves?