Luton Town

MaVilla

cant see a thread.

I for one welcome our new Premier League overlords.

I also welcome the town that is the truest corporeal representation of Papa Nurgle to the land of riches.

Long Live Nurgle Town.

good luck getting a ticket if they come up. i'm fine with these smaller clubs getting promoted, they deserve it. but the so called greatest league in the world needs its own minumum stadium capacity rule IMO and not just the align itself to the EFL 5000 minumum

• Sad 1

One of my earliest memories of going down the Villa ad a kid was a Tony Daley wonder goal against Luton where he ran the length of the pitch.

Could have been in the first minute? And it could have ended 4-0?

I also remember they had a decent team with the likes of Alec Chamberlain, Tim Breacker, Mark Stein, Mick Harford and Scott Oakes back in the day.

They managed to cheat the system with the ban of away fans and their plastic pitch and I can't say I've missed them.

Couldn't care less who wins the final because I have as much interest in Coventry City as I do in Limcoln City, Norwich City or Elgin City for that matter.

A total irrelevance of a club with a really shit droney song.*

* Actually come on Luton! 😉

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think coventry are favourites here

But come on luton prove me wrong!

How?

Luton finished 10 points ahead of them and are favoured by the bookies

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How?

Luton finished 10 points ahead of them and are favoured by the bookies

Doesnt mean they are favs. Looking at how Coventry are organised. They kept clean sheets in both games.

Luton lost thwir 1st leg game too

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Doesnt mean they are favs. Looking at how Coventry are organised. They kept clean sheets in both games.

Luton lost thwir 1st leg game too

The bookies making them favourites doesn't mean they are favourites?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The bookies making them favourites doesn't mean they are favourites?

Bookies havent got things wrong before?

They gave everton no chance at brighton and what happened?

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I have as much interest in Coventry City as I do in Limcoln City, Norwich City or Elgin City for that matter

My 8th birthday party was in the Elgin branch of Pizzaland and I had a lovely time.  So it has that going for it.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, tomav84 said:

good luck getting a ticket if they come up. i'm fine with these smaller clubs getting promoted, they deserve it. but the so called greatest league in the world needs its own minumum stadium capacity rule IMO and not just the align itself to the EFL 5000 minumum

I don't see why it matters, and given the multi-year process of building new stadia it would effectively mean that League One sides needed to meet that capacity rule (or else, if they were to get promoted from League One, they would then have a 'dead' season in the Championship from which they couldn't get promoted). That would in turn be financially ruinous. 

• Like 1

Went to a game at their place in 83 I think. Gary Shaw got crocked, we lost 1-0 and their rancid fans started fights outside the ground after the game. Horrible club and fans 😡

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

spacer.png

Two of their most famous fans. One a Midlands broadcasting legend and the other from that well known Bedfordshire town of....Torquay.

Unlike our most famous fans - the future King of England from well-known Aston-suburb, London, and a recognisable face from the local Birminghamshire town of Concord, California.

• Like 1

Â