Luton Town

MaVilla

Think they will surprise a few teams this season with their physicality and back to basics approach....the "Luton Migs" and other fans will want to turn the place into a fortress with a siege mentality, could see them getting 16th place

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll be surprised if they get past the 25 point mark this season. Their signings are very much mid table championship players at best. Looks more like planning for when they go back down rather than trying to stay up so far

• Like 2

On 18/07/2023 at 14:33, Villatillidie95 said:

Think they will surprise a few teams this season with their physicality and back to basics approach....the "Luton Migs" and other fans will want to turn the place into a fortress with a siege mentality, could see them getting 16th place

They will need to turn it into a fortress but they won't pick up many pointe away imo 

2 hours ago, JW7494 said:

I’ll be surprised if they get past the 25 point mark this season. Their signings are very much mid table championship players at best. Looks more like planning for when they go back down rather than trying to stay up so far

It's a mix - and a sensible approach.  They'll be trying to stay up but are looking to do it with younger players who can add value.  If they go down, they've got a decent base with some valuable experience thrown in.

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

They will need to turn it into a fortress but they won't pick up many pointe away imo 

In the end Forest stayed up with about 8 away points (and a couple of those draws were right at end of the season so they barely did anything on the road for months).

Hard to see Luton picking up 8/9 wins at home like Forest did though.

They're signing Alex Palmer from West Brom for a couple of million, he's a keeper so guess that's alternative to Tom Heaton who they were supposed to be signing a few weeks back. Badly need some players with premier league experience but that would obviously inflate the wage bill so can understand them not wanting to do that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bobzy said:

It's a mix - and a sensible approach.  They'll be trying to stay up but are looking to do it with younger players who can add value.  If they go down, they've got a decent base with some valuable experience thrown in.

I just don’t see the potential in the players they have got in to be able to add value to them. 
It’s not like they have gone out & invested in the best championship talents with a view to giving them premier league experience to then sell on for a profit

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

So I'm currently over in the UK for business.  First day had to come to Luton.  Driving through town for a meeting and saw what I assumed was an abandoned football ground, overgrown on the outside and looking decidedly derelict.  Imagine my surprise when I saw a sign on the other side saying "Welcome to Luton Town FC."  

Luton in a nutshell that! :P

Literal hellhole.

• 2 weeks later...

I gather the ground isn't even ready for what should have been their first home game against Burnley next week.  If they are not ready for Premier League football then they should just forfeit the points imo

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I gather the ground isn't even ready for what should have been their first home game against Burnley next week.  If they are not ready for Premier League football then they should just forfeit the points imo

So if our ground isnt fixed in time next season then we should be deducted points as well?

Ridiculous comment

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Â