Luton Town

MaVilla

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Something I certainly haven't adjusted to yet is the esteem we're now being held in by other managers. Edwards' comments after the game were remarkable; I'm paraphrasing but it was basically 'they are a fantastic team who are in unstoppable form right now, it was always going to be hard, these aren't the games that are going to define our season', ie exactly the stuff that we always used to say about playing Liverpool and City until October last year. 

Yeah it's bizarre that barely a yeah ago i would have taken a draw at home to fulham. now it's a banana skin if we don't win.

Very few teams have gone from being that bad to this good so quickly.

Back to Luton - I hope they stay up purely for Marv but realistically Bournemouth should win that 4 team mini-league with the players and experience they have.  I think those four will be bad enough that the likes of Everton will pull away long before the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

We don't know how good they are as they didn't really try to compete. Literally offered nothing in attack and looked like they'd hope for some kind of miracle and lots of luck for a 0-0 or accept a low scoring defeat which they ended up with.

Standing off the opposition to remain in shape and disciplined is one thing, but standing still and doing nothing to press at anytime, anywhere is something different. The only thing I can say for Luton is that Villa, initially, had no idea what to do to counter their tactic but were able to pick them apart whenever an individual made a mistake.

I've never seen a game like this in all the games at different levels I have watched up and down the country. Probably the worst game as a spectacle I have ever seen.

You didnt watch that game when we went to Spurs under McLeish 😂

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Something I certainly haven't adjusted to yet is the esteem we're now being held in by other managers. Edwards' comments after the game were remarkable; I'm paraphrasing but it was basically 'they are a fantastic team who are in unstoppable form right now, it was always going to be hard, these aren't the games that are going to define our season', ie exactly the stuff that we always used to say about playing Liverpool and City until October last year. 

It was so strange to hear, and it isn't even the first time this season. David Moyes said the same last week and his team are in their 4th consecutive season of European football and won a trophy last season. That was us saying that not even 5 years ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I watched an interview yesterday too where Edwards said along the lines of "Aston Villa are a outstanding team, the way they play the way they are set up a very hard team to play against", was pretty shocked to hear it, nice though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Rob of course came through here in early 2000s so he'd well remember our excellent teams in the mid to late 90s and clearly feels we're at that level again. He still lives in Brum aswell.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It was so strange to hear, and it isn't even the first time this season. David Moyes said the same last week and his team are in their 4th consecutive season of European football and won a trophy last season. That was us saying that not even 5 years ago.

A bit like Gerrard saying Chelsea should wipe the floor with us 😬

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Hope they find and ban all those idiots chanting mockingly about Hillsborough

It's a shame that a small pack of idiots need to ruin it for the rest. 

They, amongst over groups of fans that like to mock the Munich air disaster, Hillsborough, Ibrox stairway 13. Even the wee late Sunderland fan Bradley Lowery.

These ignorant bastards need to be dealt with in a very unsavoury manner. Absolute oxygen thieves.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Â