Luton Town

MaVilla

Just now, Xela said:

PL standards :D. Ok for murderous regimes to own clubs, and for state backed teams to commit fraud, but some ground isn't 'PL standard'! 

not sure why you are complaining mate.

As long as you can fund your fraudtastic club whats the harm if you allegedly kill a few tens of thousands of innocent people!?!?

On the flip side, Rio Ferdinand not having a leather recliner chair at a ground for commentating, is clearly more than enough to get you kicked out of the PL......and rightly so......Rio deserves his reclining leather chair....

• Thanks 1

Congratulations to them. I think they’ll find it nearly impossible to stay up and it could be that Derby’s record is under threat.

If I were them I’d spend as little as possible. They could spend 100m and still go down which for a club of that size would be horrific. Take the money and run. Invest it in the infrastructure of the club and put some foundations in.

5 hours ago, Xela said:

PL standards :D. Ok for murderous regimes to own clubs, and for state backed teams to commit fraud, but some ground isn't 'PL standard'! 

To be fair I think there are minimum stadium standards, so I'm not sure the comment was based on snobbery.

I could well be wrong though. I thought under pitch heating was a requirement as I remember Craven Cottage didn't have it at one point, but Google suggests I'm wrong on that one.

I’ve not watched any of their games other than yesterday’s and I know it’s not fair to judge off the most nerve wracking game of the season - but thought they weren’t great. Their intense press will get played through in the Premier League you’d think and their direct play negated. Will be a long season for them!

Their story is impressive and Mpanzu coming from non-league to Premier League with them is great, but have a feeling they’ll trouser the money and go back down without huge investment on the pitch which is their prerogative. 

Of course all of the above may be completely wrong - will be interesting to have a different name in the league after a long while away. 

5 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

To be fair I think there are minimum stadium standards, so I'm not sure the comment was based on snobbery.

I could well be wrong though. I thought under pitch heating was a requirement as I remember Craven Cottage didn't have it at one point, but Google suggests I'm wrong on that one.

oh yeah, I was't denying it wasn't a thing. Just that it seems a bit elitist/wrong from the PL to have these standards, when it has no standards when it comes to owners etc.

10 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Bollocks to that, just another barrier for the elite to hide behind. Thankfully for now at least, it’s based on merit and not how marketable a club is.

Exactly. If Luton were hosting Man Utd in the QFs of the FA Cup, the media spin would be "the magic of the Cup that a team like Man Utd have to travel to a ground like this". But for the PL? Nah m8

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Think they'll do a Blackpool next season - surprisingly strong early start but then run out of steam and go down.

Yep will catch a few teams off guard early season at home. Naturally one will be us

Sorry I don't feel the excitement about Luton getting promoted. No great history. Decent team before on their plastic pitch. Think they will really struggle in the prenier league 

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep will catch a few teams off guard early season at home. Naturally one will be us

Opening day away - if the last 2 seasons are anything to go by (Bournemouth this year, Watford the year before)

Edited by ozvillafan

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Sorry I don't feel the excitement about Luton getting promoted. No great history. Decent team before on their plastic pitch. Think they will really struggle in the prenier league 

What does history have to do with anything?

Â