Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

28 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

is it my imagination or did the shirts look less sweaty/ greasy yesterday. ollies looked fairly fresh after his goal -though maybe he changed it at half time

In fairness, Ollie seems to sweat less than the other lads in general.

His heart rate efficiency must be phenomenal

On 16/10/2023 at 04:01, 0Lamptey said:

But, it seems like even in this scenario, there's interesting bespoke things that can be done above just sticking the club badge on a template kit.

Oh, but I’m desperate to avoid seeing Villa do anything “interesting” with kits for the next five years. A very elegant Adidas shirt works for me! 

• Like 1

Yeah that is class. Assuming Heck has something to do with this (he may not?) I hope it's a sign of the ethos the club want to build going forward. Not that I'm expecting Acorns back on the shirt next year.

11 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Bloody hope not. The Nike shirts we used to have were proper itchy.

Probably because they were made from recycled plastic bottles.

This was class though

da49a7dcf56986f1978200960862d85a.jpg

Wouldn't mind Nike again in future if they can produce something like that. Their ant-sweat tech definitely works at least.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

This was class though

Wouldn't mind Nike again in future if they can produce something like that. Their ant-sweat tech definitely works at least.

Probably my favourite Villa kit other than the promotion kit. This one wasn't too bad either:

Villa_Away_11_12-Main2.jpg

Nike are a different proposition since they moved away fro DriFit though. I'd definitely prefer them over Adidas though, as at least their templates aren't as lazy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

A really good idea by the club to use the blank space from the betting sponsor for something positive in our European games! Love it

As many have said on Twitter, they should put this on all the kids kits…home, away and third.

39 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

A really good idea by the club to use the blank space from the betting sponsor for something positive in our European games! Love it

Love the sponsor idea. Just query why they put it on a bus seat cover. 

33 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Bloody hope not. The Nike shirts we used to have were proper itchy.

Probably because they were made from recycled plastic bottles.

I've still got my long sleeve Acorns top today, it's one of my very favourite Villa tops.

39 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I've still got my long sleeve Acorns top today, it's one of my very favourite Villa tops.

I have the player's edition of the long sleeve 08/09 away kit (with no sponsor), and it looks and feels so good. I wear it to the gym these days and it's still mint. Can wash those bad boys forever.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Probably my favourite Villa kit other than the promotion kit. This one wasn't too bad either:

Villa_Away_11_12-Main2.jpg

Nike are a different proposition since they moved away fro DriFit though. I'd definitely prefer them over Adidas though, as at least their templates aren't as lazy.

Nike have used the same template for almost all their kits for the last 2 years and have looked awful.  Funnily enough this AZ kit is one of the few non-template kits I've seen and looks even shitter.  I guess they must finally be moving onto some other template for next season so we may be alright.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

This was class though

I mean, they looked class, but they just weren't very nice to wear. The material was like sandpaper (my only real issue with them).

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Weirdly AZ have a betting sponsor and have betting advertising boardings yet we've taken our sponsor off.