Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

14 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Is it just me, or is the host making a ham-fisted effort of this particular show? I'm sure the more usual offering is fine (I don't know), but there's no way I'd watch going by this evidence. Naturally I want to hear about off-field Villa stuff! Is this unusual for a fan of any club? However, I definitely don't want to hear about social media BS in regards the show. Of course there's criticism and playground stupidity on Twitter, obviously. It's as tedious to point this out as it is to read.

It's just you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Nope. It has been raised on numerous fan forums and he got an expert on sports shirts on the show to explain the issues. Don't see a problem on this. Most of the podcasts are about the actual games but this has become a talking point.

Wait, I know. I think you misread my post or saw sarcasm where there wasn't any. I WANT to hear about this, that's why I watched.

52 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s damning that this hasn’t already been addressed and that our women’s team is set to be humiliated on national TV on the weekend. 

It was patently obvious in pre season that the shirt was sub standard and had quality issues but nothing appears to have been done. Implication being that our new peacock was too busy on his vanity badge project and in driving hospitality. He needs to fix his priorities sharpish. 

Its not just the women, the men too. A complete and utter embarrassment 

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Not even going to get into the Fanatics/Castore debate regarding who actually manufactures the kits, but they both manufacture shirts for other clubs with no issues. Why is only ours playing up?

Watch the claret and blue podcast . Rob is well worth your time and will explain it properly. 

• Thanks 1

Gotta be the club leaking stories now about the mens and womens team both complaining about the shirt. Perhaps Villa have waited long enough for a fix and it hasn't happened so they've gone to the media to force Castore/fanatics hand. 

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Watch the claret and blue podcast . Rob is well worth your time and will explain it properly. 

Thanks. "Shirtgate" has now morphed into a proper controversy -- it's world sporting news now. So far an almost perfect study in how not to handle a PR problem as a company. Marketing students could learn from this. Castore should have got way out in front of this from the beginning and instead have been acting like it wasn't happening. If they had just embraced their accountability, they might have actually spun this into an eventual positive. Instead, a small British company are being made to look like fools. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Would just use the claret training tops with our sponsor printed on them tonight and Saturday. Players are used to them . They are Castore so no issue with breaking contract and will ensure that Castore come up with a solution asap  . 

Would have thought there was no issue breaking the contract with Castore anyway seeing as they have failed to deliver on their end.

As our team improves on the pitch and our owners try to improve the infrastructure behind the scenes, we've now got 1) a brand-new crest that is immediately being reversed because it's shit, 2) a kit manufacturer who can't manufacture fit for purpose kits, and 3) a betting sponsor in an age when betting sponsors are grossly out of fashion and offensive to many, not to mention illegal in 2 seasons' time.

Great job, Villa. Round of applause to those working behind the scenes.

40 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Would have thought there was no issue breaking the contract with Castore anyway seeing as they have failed to deliver on their end.

Even at its lowest level it they were in breach of contract and we could find a reason to terminate we would still be left with the issue of needing an alternative supplier and the money, another one for Rob as I'm not sure if Castore pay upfront, a downpayment, a per season payment or per month or even at the end of the deal

But look at Newcastle, they've paid Castore off and gone to Adidas, it'll still take a year and a new season to happen

We aren't wearing someone else's shirts this season

I would also think that breach of contract would be tough as a starter, not sure how they'd clarify "the product is shit" contractually

20 hours ago, Chindie said:

Playing in a shirt that's soaked through isn't likely to do anything but be negative to performance. Even if it's just making you feel manky, or is irritating, it's going up affect you.

I'm the same when I get a sweat on walking to the office! 

23 minutes ago, est1874 said:

As our team improves on the pitch and our owners try to improve the infrastructure behind the scenes, we've now got 1) a brand-new crest that is immediately being reversed because it's shit, 2) a kit manufacturer who can't manufacture fit for purpose kits, and 3) a betting sponsor in an age when betting sponsors are grossly out of fashion and offensive to many, not to mention illegal in 2 seasons' time.

Great job, Villa. Round of applause to those working behind the scenes.

Well put mate. Frustrating af. The aesthetics of our club shouldn’t be overlooked during this time of expansion and commercial growth. Fumbled badge, a wanky sponsor and soggy shirts is completely unacceptable. A bit annoyed it’s taken this long to sort to be honest. 

• Like 1