Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

7 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I have the travel hoodie and it's actually really nice. The fit is awesome, material is some strange kind of polyester (almost like neoprene) but feels really good on the skin. The "petrol" colour is gorgeous. Only negative is the drawstrings should have metal tips for the price. Very expensive ... £70 and I paid another £18 customs. 🤮

villa-hoodie.jpg

This is probably the thing i will buy funny enough as it looks nice

That blue looks nice. I much prefer this shade of blue than that baby blue they keep using for the away kits

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

This is probably the thing i will buy funny enough as it looks nice

That blue looks nice. I much prefer this shade of blue than that baby blue they keep using for the away kits

My camera didn't capture the colour well. The images on the website are more true to colour: https://shop.avfc.co.uk/en/aston-villa-castore-players-travel-hoodie-dark-blue/p-6781472961082000+z-86-533176405?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

On 28/08/2023 at 20:11, MNVillan said:

Want a shirt with the Conference League badge, but the ECL badge isn’t a customizable option online. An AVFC store rep said they can’t guarantee it will ever be available. 

I’m proud we’re in Europe and want something to commemorate our first European Tour since I started following, but alas.

I've asked my guy at Subside Sports. Will keep you posted.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2023 at 10:13, Jas10 said:

Looks good tbf… even better when we play and win like that 😂

Easily the best of them, a shame the others (esp home, which should be the best) are so poor…

I thought those shorts were from the home kit, but looking at them again they're different as the stripe is blue on the home and claret in those pics.  Have we released the claret stripe version? Can't see it on the website.

The lettering is atrocious.  It really looks like they were done in the kit man's basement.  Mismatched font, crammed placement, absurdly large digits, botched spacing.  I think it was the first leg of Hibs it looked like his name was  K ONSA.

Store/rendering:

Aston Villa Castore Home Pro Shirt 2023-24 with Bailey 31 printing

Game:

Hibernian v Aston Villa - UEFA Conference League Qualifying Play-Offs: First Leg

• Shocked 1

On 30/08/2023 at 03:28, NurembergVillan said:

I've asked my guy at Subside Sports. Will keep you posted.

I got the ECL patches off eBay, they’re out there and the quality is good.

As much as I hate the club font I want it for a replica. But that just may not happen. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's our worst shirt, ever. I always buy a home shirt to play five-a-side football in, and it's horrendous. It's like playing in cling film in a swimming pool. Doesn't really matter for a load of fifty year old dads on a Tuesday night, but at the elite level where small decisions make a difference, we need to be binning Castore off bloody pronto.

• Like 4

Was talking about the shirts with a mate of mine yesterday, and the discussion turned to the winter games. 

Obviously the players will still sweat in cold weather, but with that amount of moisture being retained on the shirt, it's surely going to be freezing and uncomfortable to play in? Apologies if answered before @NurembergVillan but is this an intentional element of the kit, or a by-product of a poor shirt? Also does my hypothesis about being more uncomfortable to play in over the winter months hold water? (pun intended)

Edited by StanBalaban