Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

11 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I've seen the kit quite a lot now, and now that I'm used to it, I kinda like it.

Will definitely end up buying it, mainly because it could be the only shirt with that badge on it.

I agree, they always grow on you...

The sponsor is garish but the badge makes up for it, and the way it is sewn on is quality.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sne said:

Think this will be a good appointment but from a design pow I have to say that the Philadelphia 76's jerseys look really bland, boring and run of the mill. Colours don't pop and looks almost washed out. I know Americans love their star spangled  red, white and blue so it's definitely giving them what they want. But for me it's generic and boring and it's the same story when you look at previous years. The kit on the right is something different at least.

All subjective of course and I don't know how much room the NBA leaves for bold design choices.

Philadelphia 76ers gear and apparel to start 2022-23 NBA season

The dullness is just the online shop renderings, they're quite vibrant in real life. 

images.jpeg-34.jpg.9eeecf37ac624d6ae059f170431a6fd6.jpg

More importantly, it was a clean, modern interpretation of some of their classic looks, and took them from couple of decades of muddied, forgettable branding to something iconic and striking. 

American sports tend to be very traditional about their uniforms, especially the older teams, and this brand refresh was coordinated by someone who understood what Philly fans wanted. It has been wildly successful for them.

Heck absolutely has the runs on the board in terms of taking a traditional old team and getting their branding right. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, when do we think we get the away and third kits then?

Before the Walsall game 15th July.  Should debut it there. Heck will have had time to spruce up the release.

Someone pointed out that the shorts will need to be claret for the women's team as they wear them with the home kit.  That hopefully points to a white shirt with claret and yellow hoops like 83/84 that was showed a few pages back.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HolteExile said:

I like the Allez Allez song. But it isn't really 'ours.'  

So a bit weird to devote a whole shirt as tribute to it. 

Better if we had the old AV floodlights or Doug Elllis' cheery face on repeat. 

Yeah, glad I'm  not the only one puzzled by this. Granted I haven't  been to VP since late 2019, but have been over  a 30 year period,  and didn't  recognise  this at all

Just thought I’d share this, I always find it interesting what Trabzonspor do with their kits, especially having three in home colours every year. People always say you can’t do much with claret and blue…

image.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, a-k said:

I'd much prefer these than what they've got today

Swingman Jersey Toronto Raptors Road 1998-99 Tracy Mcgrady - Shop Mitchell  & Ness Swingman Jerseys and Replicas Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Co.Swingman Jersey Utah Jazz Road 1996-97 John Stockton - Shop Mitchell & Ness  Swingman Jerseys and Replicas Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Co.Swingman Jersey Vancouver Grizzlies Road 1998-99 Mike Bibby - Shop Mitchell  & Ness Swingman Jerseys and Replicas Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Co.

Me too, I'm a bit of a 90's jersey collector, I love this stuff. But from a branding point of view they kind of have no ties to history (Raptors and Grizzlies aside as those were the inaugural jerseys), and aren't very consistent in coloring etc. Pistons are another example. The jerseys are more bland now to the neutral/fashion-wise, but more consistent in terms of branding.

I like the early 90's Charlotte and Denver kits. The white Hornets kits is likely why they became my team, very Villa compatible. I have a couple of them.

Swingman Larry Johnson Charlotte Hornets 1992-93 Jersey - Shop Mitchell &  Ness Swingman Jerseys and Replicas Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Co.90's Alonzo Mourning Charlotte Hornets Champion NBA Jersey Size 48 – Rare  VNTG

Denver Nuggets

Denver Nuggets 1991-1993 Home Jersey

Anything close to these old ones and I'm probably content (might be the year if that video was a hint) with the away kit even thou the recent Nike and Kappa ones in this style lacked something for me

Aston Villa Away football shirt 1983 - 1984. Sponsored by Mitaaston-villa-away-football-shirt-1982-1983-s_3306_1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

That kit actually looks amazing without the sponsor on it...  I might have to send this guy my Luke kit for some erasing...

• Like 1