Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The more I look at it, the more I hate it. The main sponsor is getting a lot of stick but the sleeve sponsor is **** hideous too. The pattern of the shirt belongs in my nan's upholstery collection, they've used the wrong **** lion on the back, and the gk shirt looks like a Razer mouse mat.

Absolutely **** shite. But absolute **** shite is about all Castore make. Still, probably good for FFP or some bollocks.

Problem is if we got adidas or nike then all the kits just look the same anyway. Bring back Luke

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mrchnry said:

Looks better on Mcginn

c20995a0-10e4-11ee-87d1-0d6967d8cc55.jpg

Can somebody with photoshop replace the BK8 sponsor with Cazoo and delete the claret piping where the sleeve meets the shoulder? 
I’m certain those two things alone are 90% of what’s making it look crap. 

• Like 1

The sponsor is horrible from a design perspective and it's being a shady overseas gambling entity that feels deeply grotty hurts further.

But the design itself is grim. The fabric pattern is cheap and crappy. The piping on the sleeve is 80s-tastic in the worst way. The badge is... old looking. It looks like a bad training kit, or a tired Burnley kit.

Dire.

• Like 1

Am I imagining this or was the women’s one worn in the launch in error? The club shop shows the shoulders are different on men. The claret stripe in further down the sleeve making it less shoulder pad like.

361B51E5-AA06-4349-AFAA-74A1F2D08BF4.jpeg

The kit is fine by me, just think the sponsors logo makes it look worse than it is.

With regards to the sponsor it doesn’t make me want to go out and have a bet. I understand some people suffer from addiction, but they also suffer from alcoholism and other vices and there’s no restriction on these and others. There’s companies with sordid pasts who have been far more harmful than gambling but they aren’t banned and people use them in every day products.

The club has been a bit tone deaf on this sponsor, ultimately what is best financially for the club has overridden what we as fans want to see the club represented as in the community. 

They’ve tried to use the money to charity angle to soften the use of BK8 but in the end it’s just putting lipstick on a pig.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2023 at 13:06, nick76 said:

IMG_1612.jpeg

IMG_1609.jpeg.9ca7a5f13a94d95c3999162bb2ce3ee7.jpeg

Both these were posted by @nick76 earlier in the thread. Sponsorship aside these are like, "look what you could've won" designs. 

If only the real designers put some real thought into what they actually do. It shouldn't be that difficult to come up with favourable designs for the fanbase tbh. Every end of season put designs up for fans to vote for and pick out the winners. 

• Like 4

From a strictly design perspective, I cannot stand those blue shoulder rectangles - especially with the off-shoulder claret dividing line. Had we had just blue sleeves it would look better. Still not to my taste, but at least not quite Kappa sleeve bad (not that that's saying much!).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Honestly if it were just plain claret body with no pattern, plane blue sleeves, non shite sponsor and just the lion with Aston Villa over or under it I’d be thrilled. 

So nothing at all like what we have got then

18 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Both these were posted by @nick76 earlier in the thread. Sponsorship aside these are like, "look what you could've won" designs. 

If only the real designers put some real thought into what they actually do. It shouldn't be that difficult to come up with favourable designs for the fanbase tbh. Every end of season put designs up for fans to vote for and pick out the winners. 

Those are beautiful man!

We havnt been very adventurous with kits for a long time so i think thats why people are getting West Ham and Burnley vibes. Not saying this ones drastically different but mabye its due to the design around the shoulders.

We dont need to allow other teams the monopoly on blue shoulders etc. Without that thin claret line it would look so much better.

As with most home villa jerseys its an average looking one imo.

I had been 50/50 on the crest but now seeing it on a villa jersey it looks well tbf.

41 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

The best ive seen

• Like 1

Not a fan. Shoulders look tacky, overall it looks like a Burnley shirt, the sponsor logo is absolutely hideous and I don’t think the badge works very well at all. And I say this as someone who’s not normally that bothered with this stuff. 

F*** it. Focus on the football, try again from scratch next year with a better looking badge and hopefully do something about that crappy sponsor. 

Never posted so many sad reactions in one day. Its all just a bit of a let down after an amazing season.

The claret pipe, the shit sponsor that is given free reign to use two colours, the bus seat pattern... there's so much wrong, but fixing any one of those makes it so much better. It's amazing how many things they got wrong.