Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’ve thought this. Could be valuable in the future.

I brought an original Le Coq Sportif mint 82 home shirt a couple of years ago for £175 as mine had gone missing as a kid. A couple of weeks ago at a private function I got half the starting 11 from the 82 final to sign and take photos etc as keepsakes and once I get the rest of the signatures I will get it framed. In general though there isn't enough value in shirts resale unless they're match worn and signed. The true value is the memory for whoever buys them but as a monetary item they don't value too much imo because there are so many replicas available these days.

The only thing most replicas don't replicate these days are the original materials but clubs have jumped on the bandwagon in regards to merch which the way I see it devalues originals as the shirt isn't as sought after. 

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

If it's pin stripes like the 83/84 shirt it's replicating it would be the winner this season but them stripes make it look like a stick of rock.

In typical Villa fashion, we never seem to " hit " all the elements at the same time.

So now we've got a nice badge on them with chaos all around it 😂.

Badge would look nice on a minimalist design, hopefully something like that comes out in the training or casual range.

• Like 1

Personally I don't like the shoulders, I think the shading is a bit odd too. I think the shorts look great.

I think the badge look fantastic on a white background, but not so much on the claret of the shirt itself, which is a shame.

I'm not known for my sartorial taste.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Personally I don't like the shoulders, I think the shading is a bit odd too. I think the shorts look great.

I think the badge look fantastic on a white background, but not so much on the claret of the shirt itself, which is a shame.

I'm not known for my sartorial taste.

The badge having a claret outline was a huge oversight I noticed at the time but is now glaringly obvious when on the kit. Gold needs to be more prominent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol yeah no one has ever talked about a past kit. Don’t think any old kit has been mentioned once on the board. But I get what you’re saying now. All the people who would love to spend their hard earned money on the current kit to support their team are all a bunch of idiots. That’s the spirit!

Acorns kit.

Luke kit.

Definitely mentioned and iconic for different reasons.

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not to be too critical but he ain't exactly a Pharrell Williams fashion icon himself is he with those khaki chinos and blue polo shirt :D

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

If you're listening to the podcast, there's a high likelihood I'll make reference to this -

image.png

I can't quite articulate why, but that fabric on our home shirt looks shit, and on the other two while it's not too my taste it looks alright.

I think partly it's just not a good fabric look. And partly our home kit has usually had very simple 'classy' designs, and adding fussy things like bold modernistic fabric designs doesn't suit it - it might be more fitting for an away or third kit.

I'm not sure the badge works either. It feels... Old in a bad way.

The shoulder 'pads' look weirdly cheap and almost utilitarian, stink of an afterthought, someone clicking fill with a different colour on Photoshop.

Bad kit.

Edited by Chindie

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I can't quite articulate why, but that fabric on our home shirt looks shit, and on the other two while it's not too my taste it looks alright.

I think partly it's just not a good fabric look. And partly our home kit has usually had very simple 'classy' designs, and adding fussy things like bold modernistic fabric designs doesn't suit it - it might be more fitting for an away or third kit.

I'm not sure the badge works either. It feels... Old in a bad way.

The shoulder 'pads' look weirdly cheap and almost utilitarian, stink of an afterthought, someone clicking fill with a different colour on Photoshop.

Bad kit.

It's the shoulder pads.  Hide the top part of the kit and it then doesn't look any worse than the others. 

For me though, they all just look arbitrarily fussy and would be better plain.

Even knowing our arbitrary pattern is a sound wave, it's overlaid in such a way to look bad.