Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

Just now, est1874 said:

Well whoever approved that shambles needs to gouge their eyes out. Old badge, shit gambling sponsor, 50% of the graphic emblazoned with the colour of our bitterest enemy. 

Back to Dr Xia levels of poor.

Don't worry, he's already out the door.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Regardless what the shirt looks like, I won't be purchasing them unless they offer one that has no sponsor on it (adult size).

I'm not wearing anything with that shite plastered across the front of it. 

I’m really excited for the new badge but no shirt for me. Maybe a cap or something with the new badge on and no sponsor (assuming they make something like that). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Well whoever approved that shambles needs to gouge their eyes out. Old badge, shit gambling sponsor, 50% of the graphic emblazoned with the colour of our bitterest enemy. 

Back to Dr Xia levels of poor.

I would probably chill out a bit - it's a sponsor announcement. They haven't put BK8 on your grandma's courtains, nor have they released anything associated with the shirt yet. 

It's a minor announcement.

Just now, Mic09 said:

I would probably chill out a bit - it's a sponsor announcement. They haven't put BK8 on your grandma's courtains, nor have they released anything associated with the shirt yet. 

It's a minor announcement.

Courtains 🤣

Is that what Thibaut hangs in his bedroom?

• Haha 2

We have had lots of gambling sponsors why the outcry over this one more than others, the adverts with women in bikinis? 

Sadly we are not high.profile to attract a massive brand so it will be a sponsor like like this for the foreseeable future.

14 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We are really bad at this stuff, aren't we? **** hell.

Don't agree with you on alot of things, but our commercial, social media, marketing and kit coordination/launches often seem an afterthought.

I don't get it.

Hopefully Chris Heck can sort it all out.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I’m guessing we are doing a big reveal with the new kit and crest - hence the rushed/crappy marketing for the sponsor. 

Most likely right, just felt like they could have done the sponsor marketing about 3 weeks ago, leaving time this morning (they have amended the shop opening hours effectively giving notice of a launch) for a reveal. 

In prime Villa style, the reveal will now be as the shop opens...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We have had lots of gambling sponsors why the outcry over this one more than others, the adverts with women in bikinis? 

Sadly we are not high.profile to attract a massive brand so it will be a sponsor like like this for the foreseeable future.

Personally don't care that it's a gambling company.

My only gripe is the absolute state of the logo :D 

Then again I don't buy the kits anyway so I won't care after initially seeing it. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't agree with you on alot of things, but our commercial, social media, marketing and kit coordination/launches often seem an afterthought.

I don't get it.

Hopefully Chris Heck can sort it all out.

🤣

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I long for the day we have a good shirt sponsor and not some other gambling site. Unfortunately it looks like that's where the money is.

You long for July 2026.

English soccer's top-flight clubs will no longer be allowed to have gambling brands on the front of their shirts from the 2026/27 season. But has the ban gone far enough and what happens next?

The Premier League’s 20 clubs have voted to voluntarily remove gambling sponsors from their matchday playing shirts, a move that English soccer’s top flight claims makes it the first UK sports competition to do so. That might be true, but similar measures are already in place for LaLiga and Serie A clubs, although those were imposed by the Spanish and Italian governments.

• Like 2