Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 8 of 10

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm worried spurs have turned up around under Mason. Kane in the Media today too, saying they all need to do better 

You just get that sense that it's not going to be easy, tbf, when is Spurs ever easy?

It's all set up for a cracking game, and who would have thought we would be in such a position as this when the previous manager left? Whatever the result after the game, I think it's safe to say we will still but full of anticipation with a large amount of optimism in what may be possible come next season. That's something in itself, and I, for one, can't wait. 

• Like 1

Yeah but we're villa, note our performances after the high of the Newcastle game, largely total crap. At least we have some players back which could help. Not optimistic mind  think we've completely run out of steam. 

• Sad 1

Season ending in a damp squib. Probably.

Feel free to make me nosh loads of humble pie if we somehow manage to do a "Newcastle" on them.

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

First time over for a game since......spurs last spring. Lets not have a replay of that eh!

*checks notes*

tenor.gif

Id definitely start kamara in this one in place of JJ.

I would imagine bailey will start ahead of traore but that be only change.

I would probably start digne as moreno has been pretty poor in the last two games esp wolves one.

Be interesting to see what lord unai does

On 10/05/2023 at 15:16, BOF said:

For motivational purposes.

It's an absolutely embarrassing record tbh, even Unai alluded to it today. We haven't beaten them at home since NYD 2008, over 15 years ago, a home win is well, well, well overdue. Our away record at Spurs is actually reasonable, since 2015 we've won there three times and lost three times, but for whatever reason we cannot seem to beat them at home.

Part of the reason for that I'm sure is how sh*t we've been over the years and now that we are finally competing again near the top end of the league I'd expect sh*tty records like this to start to change, hopefully that starts on Saturday. We certainly need to improve from the last couple of games. 

• Like 2